Isnt this supposed to get EASIER?

Freaking, freaking, FREAKING out! I'm sorry that I'm posting so much today, but this is all I can do to NOT contact him.

I just had to hide in the bathroom for 20 minutes and cry my heart out (I'm at work).

7 days NC....I want this to be OVER. I never want to see his face again! I am so full of hate...and resentment. I disliked who I became while we were together, now I HATE who I am! How can I allow myself to be killed like this? Slowly killed!!!

I just had like 5 or 6 great days, I thought I was getting better!!!

collegemommy

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this!! I still make trips to the bathroom and cry during work. Stopped wearing eye makeup just so no one would notice.

At first I hated myself because I literally felt psychotic while he seemed so nonchalant. It sucked. Finally I realized two can play this game. Why should I let him see me miserable? I started dieting, working out, and putting all my energy into taking care of my daughter. Guess what? I feel better. I feel strong. I feel confident. Find something that you can do to distract yourself. I know it's easier said than done but really, you will feel so much better when you aren't sitting around thinking about him. A little harsh reality... Do you think he is sitting in the bathroom crying over you?

I truly understand the pain you feel. It sucks and I wish I could help you. I read your posts and my heart truly goes out to you...

• Author

How are you doing with your situation? I read your posts as well. You've been a great deal of help to me and I'd like to help you in any way that I can too.

Let me know if you'd ever like to text eachother. I can always use someone to whine too....lol and I'd love to be that person for you!

I'm a single mom too and have always had back to back men. It's tough!!

collegemommy

My situation is tough. It's hard trying to cope with everything and try to put on a happy face so my kid doesn't become upset. I do it though... My favorite quote is "You'll never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." It's true. I was weak until I had no other choice but to become tough.

I would totally text with you but I have no idea how to get my number to you without putting it on blast on this website.

• Author

Can't I just put my email address in and then edit the post after you read it collegemommy? Then you can email me your number....

• Author

You are awesome! Collegemommy, I did it, but I can't send you a message until you register.

One week is not nearly enough to feel the effects of NC. I'm afraid its going to take much longer than that, depending on how deep you were in. I know what you're going through with crying at work, I did that too. One time I just broke down crying at the lunch table in front of my coworkers. Nasty stuff. The most important thing is to remain patient with yourself. The resentment and hate you feel for your ex will pass too. Remember the opposite of love is not hate it is indifference. Do not contact him! Whatever you do!! If you have to let off steam write an email "to him" and delete it afterwards without sending it. Hopefully things will get better for you soon, but you MUST be patient. Good luck!

collegemommy

Sorry it took me so long... I just got home from work and got my daughter situated.

I sent a pm to you cantcope. I hope you get it!

Thanks Saint Dragon! You are awesome!!