Now What do I do?

Well....I had a feeling this would happen. My girlfriend went away for the summer, and now she wants a break. Everything seemed great before she left, and we were as happy as ever. And now there is a change of heart, because she feels we aren't moving anywhere right now........I don't understand how you can advance in a relationship when we are 400 miles apart.

Either way, I agreed to the break, but everytime I think about it, i get angry. Even though she promised me that she had not met anyone, the thought is still there, that she could. And the thought of someone else touching her, just kills me.......Especially since I know that they will only want her for one night, and I know I want her for a long time.

I really don't know what I should do with this......I have lost a lot of sleep over it, and it hasn't got a lot easier. She has helped me through so much. She is the reason I am where I am today, and losing her, would be like losing part of myself.

What should I do.......How can I make this easier......should I explore what else is out there?????

Please Help!!

how old is she?

... don't be surprised if this break becomes a break-up... People often change their minds about relationships while away, partly because it lets them see it all from a distance (been there, done that).

it's best for you to see what's out there, i believe - without committing to anyone else right now.

Also, why do you think everyone but you only wants her for one night?? Another guy could fall in love with her, too, ya know.

As for feeling as if she's a part of you... I know the feeling, but think of it as a part of her that she has transferred to you. It's no longer connected to her.

good luck,

-yes

• Author

She's 22

The reason I feel this way, is because this is how the camp was expained to me...by her.

All summer that happens, people hook up for one night, then that's it.........

I would talk to her face to face and see exactly what her reasoning is for the break up. I mean she owes that to you at the least. And if she has a valid reason, then I guess you have no choice but to allow her the time she needs. Maybe she is just going through a slump, or maybe she doesn't believe you are the one for her. It's sad when things happen this way, but one person can't hold a relationship together, it takes both parties. If she wants space, give it to her. Hounding her will only drive her further away. In the meantime, date other ppl yourself, or take on other interests so you won't think about it so much.

Good Luck :)

perhaps she just wants to be free & hook up with people ... 22 is a good age for that. if she doesn't do it now, she may stray when she's much older, married with kids, and that'd be much worse.

I mean if she's curious about hook-ups, she won't forget about them until she tries it a few times and finds that they're pretty empty, once the excitement wears off.

-yes