I had been dating this young lady for about a month. She seemed wonderful-good qualities and she was everything I had hoped for. We were planning to go on a canoe trip over the 4th of July-took the canoe up on Sunday and set up the tent etc. We were getting stuff together and packing Monday and Tuesday-she called me Tuesday night late(I work 3-11) and everything seemed OK and she told me she went to visit a friend of hers and met this friend's brother and they all had a good time. Well we were to leave Wednesday morning so I get up and find an email from her saying she had really hit it off with her friends brother to say the least and she did not mean to intentionally hurt me and she still cared for me and she had wanted to tell me the night before but could not-oh and not to think she was a slut or anything. So I call her and she says he just swept her off her feet and she was confused and she was probably making a mistake. She didn't volunteer a whole lot more. I said I would not bother her anymore and Me-I'm gone. So she goes canoeing with this guy and his sister. What the hell?

Sounds like you obviously made a mistake in thinking she was everything you ever hoped for.

This is a very unstable, fickle, flakey chick you don't need. Go out and celebrate. I wouldn't even be her friend.

What the hell?

You dated her for a month. Four weeks. Not a long time. She met someone she liked better. Happens all the time.