Oh, the funny things our exes say...

AgeOfUninnocence

Exes say the strangest things. Personally, I always feel like it's better to be honest about how you feel. But the things my ex says just makes me laugh.

For instance, I'm 99% sure my ex left me for another girl. He denies it and says they got together as a completely different event. Regardless, within a month this girl dumped my ex. A friend asked how he was, and he said he was kinda sad but not crushed, and that he is "excited to be single."

Well, hello! If he was REALLY excited to be single, then he wouldn't have dated this girl immediately after dating me! Sounds more like he's ashamed and embarassed about leaving me for a girl who dumped him less than a month. Oh, my ex sure makes me laugh.

Opinions on this? Funny things your own ex says?

justaguy123

Opinions on this? Funny things your own ex says?

My ex said she was sorry but she wanted to be single for a while and figure things out.

Then I find out she went out with a guy two days after she broke up with me.

OH what a b-word.

bananaboat11

My ex didn't want her ex of 4 years (who cheated for the last 2 of 'em) back after me supposedly.

I haven't contacted her... or vice versa... been 5+ months now with NC I believe...

She back with a guy who cheated on her and makes her miserable... or did.

go figure.

And I was too good to her. No really, I was. Moral of the story? Mistreat women? :rolleyes:

Not long after my ex dumped me, he got engaged to the girl he left me for then came back and asked ME to wait for him when he returns from Afghanistan.

He said he will stay in engaged to his fiancee' for now so he can let her down with class and dignity "when we get back together." No, thanks!

Yeah, he was that sure of himself.

Home Depot would love him...he's a gigantic tool.

After going through all the motions you do get to a point where you can clearly think and when you look back on it the things that may of hurt you then you chuckle about it.

This was the best line

Me - whats that love bite on your neck:confused:

Ex - the puppy did it ask my cousin :mad:

Me - LOL what the jog on I may be dyslexic but did not get my shiney sticker for nothing you know :lmao:

My first serious BF was a guy who was a virgin when we met. We dated for a year and a half and ended it fairly amicably.

He ended up in my BIL's band a couple years later. I could tell he was attracted to a new friend I had made so I introduced them. Her sister lived a few doors down from me.

One night she showed up on my doorstep all weirded out and asking if she could talk to me. I let her in and made her some tea; asked her what the problem was.

She told me they were about to have sex and he said something that really icked her out. "He said 'sally4sara taught me everything I know; now I'm going to teach you'" :eek:

"Does he think I'm a virgin or something? No, thats not possible; he knows about my daughter. Why would he think I would want to hear something like that?!?"

I was at a loss for words. I knew he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but DAMN. :sick: I couldn't have taught him very well or he would've known better.

My ex told me she needs time to find herself because there is many things she wants to do and try after being in a 17 year marriage before seeing me for 8 months.

Right after she left me she got on the internet and strutted her pretty little face to the first guy who could charm his way into her pants. She emailed me awhile later saying how she "still cared for me and misses me".

Is it really possible to miss someone you left while you're fu&$ing someone else? I really do not get that ..

My ex was a terrible boyfriend, he cheated on my (to find out later numerous times) lied about very important stuff, pretended to be someone he was not, waited till my birthday to tell me he no longer loves me, did really mean stuff to me just because he got off on seeing me suffer, belittled me at every opertunity, moved out of the apartment behind my back while I was away for the weekend with friends, didn't even say godd bye...etc etc...never once did I hear I'm sorry from him. I mean never ever, not after the smallest fight not after the biggest betrayal. He never once apologized for anything.

A few months after we broke up I ran into him somewhere and he was sooooo happy to see me. He sent me a message the next day that said “I hope you don’t mind me telling you how amazing it was to see you again. I miss you in my life and really want us to be friends. I want you to know I’m over all the petty stuff.” WTF????? :sick:

Petty stuff? Like everything was my fault. I wanted to reach through the computer and strangle him.

yep, it is sad how people act like such children at times.

I live my life trying to be straight up...I HATE mind games first because I am too old for that (31 and change) and because it is illogical.

The amusing thing about when people do try that "oh I just am not ready right now to be in a relationship" crap only to find someone soon after all it does is make the person they said it to think they are pathetic and pretty much kills any chance they can respect them. It is much more logical to just be honest then later if you realize you were wrong you can confront them with dignity and they will probably respect you since everyone screws up.

The ego of the human species...sad.

my ex told me she was getting rid of all her clothes, going to travel europe and take a class in art history.

also a sweet sticky note with all my stuff in it that politely said..."im sorry"

also she sent me a box later with my baseball mit and my brita filtration system.

I also dated a guy who had a childhood female friend that had always worked him over his past crush for her. Every time he seemed happy in a relationship, she would dangle the possibilities of being with her under his nose.

Sure enough, he fell for it again while dating me. I caught him out and ended things pronto. After some time passed, he wanted to be friends. He would call me up for counsel about his current relationships whenever she started up with her game.

Yeah, I really want to hear about it fella. :mad:

After 2 weeks of not talking, I get a few texts ("can you call me when you have a minute"), and eventually a phone call. Out of curiosity, I answer:

Her: "Umm.. I was just wondering if I could have some of the picture frames and vases back. My room feels very empty without anything in it."

Me: "Yea, no problem. I'll send them over shortly."

Her: "Ok, well no rush. You don't have to go home and do it tonight. Let's just say by May 1st."

This was two weeks ago.. that means she "had" to talk about getting her stuff back 2 months from then.

picture frames = excuse to call you. Seriously Ike carries 100s of cheap frames if that that important to her.

She needed an ago boost. Good for you for sticking to the subject and not giving her what she was really looking for.

^ thanks.

It's funny. I really feel like I've done a lot of growing in a relatively short period of time. Obviously I'm still hurt and I still care, but I refuse to crumble in front of her. I keep it to myself and deal strictly business with her.

She's entitled to her stuff.. we talked about it when we broke up. I just find it funny that she calls to get it, but not right now.. just.. eventually.

And, her picture frames are important, but forget the fact that you have my ipod, some of my clothing, a pair of my sunglasses, etc.

And, if she thinks she's getting some items of furniture, she's got another thing coming when she faces the fact that she owes me money.

This entire ordeal is like a divorce, and I don't have time for it.

Oh the irony.

In the same paragraph around 3 weeks after she ended our marriage and ran off to the solicitor whilst refusing to come to MC.

"I love you, I care for you, I'm worried about you." and "Yes it is true I'm sleeping with N (close friend and colleague of mine)."

Then.....

"I married you to protect my father"

The last one is particularly interesting given he's an elderly farmer from a very traditional and sheltered world who had a huge amount of issues coming to terms with his gay daughter having a civil partnership ceremony in front of friends of his family. Our legal commitment also left him open to me having half of his rather extensive farming assets including his own home, the brother-in-law's home and a fair amount of money. Interesting concept I thought.

My ex didn't want her ex of 4 years (who cheated for the last 2 of 'em) back after me supposedly.

I haven't contacted her... or vice versa... been 5+ months now with NC I believe...

She back with a guy who cheated on her and makes her miserable... or did.

go figure.

And I was too good to her. No really, I was. Moral of the story? Mistreat women? :rolleyes:

Hey... this sounds familiar.

If you're following me around and using things that happened to me for your forum posts... good job! You must be incredibly sneaky, as I've never once noticed you spying on me.

:p

Da_1_n_OnlyN3na

my ex has said alot of "funny" things like "shes just a friend who likes me" but then i find out the next day its one of his "girls"..or "im texting with my best friend jose" .....:o 24/7 talking to your friend? never heard of guys talking for more than 10 minutes on the phone unless its something important or they r gay... and wayyyy more stupid things but let me tell you this one is different and very funny...

found out he cheated on me ,he got da girl pregnant ( now is about 3 months prego) and i confronted him and said he didnt want a baby from her that i was the girl he wanted a baby with i said suuurreeeee thats y shes the one having your kid in 6 months! and this is what he said to me......"so you dont want to come to the babyshower???"

.............WOW!!!!!!!!! wat a jerk

this was being friends after a break up which was a bad idea.

my ex was seeing another guy and she states that he acts like an idiot and is very clingy, but he has very well paying job and takes her out to expensive restaurants that i never took her.

she said theyre not in a relationship but for some reason she cant say my name on the phone when she called, i can clearly hear the guy at her place in the background.