What To Do?!

I am leaving my boyfriend and don't know if I should leave a dear john while he is at work or let him read it in person.

Iv'e tried leaving before but I get guilt tripped into staying. this time it has to be real because i am miserable.

we've been together 3 yrs. Is it wrong to just leave a letter?

i appriciate any advice!

p.s. I'm doing this on july 1 tuesday

Just A Girl2

If you're miserable and have made the decision to leave, and in the past you couldn't because you felt "guilted" into changing your mind and staying, then do what you have to do for yourself..so that you can stick to your plan of leaving and not change your mind. I generally think it's sort of heartless to leave someone a note telling them 'goodbye' but it totally depends on the circumstances and the situation. Why are you miserable in your relationship? Does he know you're miserable?

If you feel too weak to stand up to his requests that you stay with him, just leave a note...get everything out of your system....and leave. Don't tell him where you're going and don't contact him for a while...until he has a chance to get over it.

Alert any of your relatives and friends that he may know because it's likely he'll call around looking for you. Don't frequent any places you normally do now because he'll be stalking all those places waiting for you to show up.

As I said, in time he'll give up and move on. Meanwhile, make the note very comprehensive so you'll get the closure you need. Get everything off your chest.

If the guy's been a real ass, he doesn't deserve to be dumped in person. If he's been decent, then I don't think you'd be leaving him.

• Author

I do feel too weak to stand up to him because cries sooo much and begs me and says things will change.

I would also feel bad just leaving the letter and dissapearing.

I guess whatever I feel that day is what I will do.

thanx for the help!!

• Author

I wrote yesterday about leaving my b-friend a dear john letter and got great advice. i now have a new problem.

I spoke with his mother about the situation and she gave her support. I told her I would speak to my boyfriend Tuesday since we would both be off Wednesday and can recuperate from everything.

well his mom told his dad and his dad spilled the beans a day early. He called my work freaking out.

Should I go to his house to talk or just go home and not talk to him anymore?

familiarityrules

If you cared about this person at all you owe it to him to at least explain.

That is the adult decision. Not talking to him is taking the easy way out.

• Author

I spoke with him last night. It went alot better than I thought it would. I think deep down inside he understands, but I know it still hurts.

Now I need to make sure he doesn't harass me, but it's going to be hard to tell him not to call me for a while.

Do you think it's ok to talk on the phone and not see each other, or better to not talk at all for a while?

p.s. I want to thank everyone for their help :D

joei_babez
Originally posted by KATGRL

I am leaving my boyfriend and don't know if I should leave a dear john while he is at work or let him read it in person.

Iv'e tried leaving before but I get guilt tripped into staying. this time it has to be real because i am miserable.

we've been together 3 yrs. Is it wrong to just leave a letter?

i appriciate any advice!

p.s. I'm doing this on july 1 tuesday

[color=red][/color][font=times new roman][/font]hey katgrl, its ok to leave a letter to him its just letting him know that you do still care about him but your tired of the stuff :love: so itll be ok leave you can find some GIRL!!!! always joei_babez ;)