first long-term boyfriend...

hi, everyone. this is my first post, and i'm not totally familiarized with the boards, so sorry if i'm being repetitive with my particular story.

i'm a female college student who's been dating the same guy for two years. he's my first boyfriend, and i love him deeply. he is my best friend, and i have a great time with him always--no matter what we're doing. however, there is no sexual chemistry (at the same time, i'm not a very sexual person anyway so maybe this is of little importance...). also, though i think i want to marry him, i'm starting to feel trapped. i feel like i should be dating around a bit more considering he's the only guy i've ever been close with. i don't think he'd be okay with "taking a break". he's very sensitive and all of his past girlfriends have been the one to break up with him, and it was always final. i feel awful. i don't want to be like them, but i don't know what to do. what makes it worse is that we live together. please give me a little bit of advice, if you can.

Don't stay with someone just because you'd feel bad for breaking up with them. That is never a good reason to trap yourself in a relationship that you're not 100% in. It's not fair to you to and it's not fair to him if you don't truly want to be with him.

Now I'm not saying that you should break up with him now...you need to sit down first with yourself and determine whether he's someone you want to spend your time and your life with. Next, sit down with him and COMMUNICATE your issues...

He shouldn't be ok with "taking a break," because that's just a load of bullsh*t...as evidenced by you not being sure you want to be with him...