How would this look? Showing up at an event...

I honestly don't know why I feel I want to do this because I wasn't really in love with the guy who lamely broke up with me last week, but he had previously invited me to this fund- raising dinner for our temple. Of course it was off when he broke up with me, but I have this other male friend who is going, and he suggested that I go together with him. This other guy knows my situation and doesn't care if I go with him not to be alone.

How would it look to the guy who broke up with me to see me at this dinner with another guy so fast afte the break-up? Do you think he might be jealous or wonder if something is going on with the guy I will go there with? For some reason I just want an excuse to see him and have him see me "having fun" without him.

What advice do you have on this?

Just A Girl2

Well, considering your ex sounded like a nutcake (with all his obsessions and rules and absolutely no sense of spontaneity in the bedroom, and selfishness there, too) and you surely didn't sound like you were enjoying being with him at all, I'd have to ask you why you'd give a damn about what he'd think if he were to see you at this gathering with someone else?

What does that matter? You sounded like you were 'this close' to dumping him around the time he dumped you first. You didn't sound very happy with him or your relationship. It's done and over now, you were obviously both extreme incompatible on many levels......so why care what he'd think?

Don't ever stop living your life, or changing how you live it for anyone.

If you can honestly say you want to go to this function with the new guy because you simply want to go but don't want to go alone, fine, go for it.

But if you're doing it merely to make your ex jealous and exact some kind of silly 'revenge' then I think that's pretty silly itself.

Are you sure the guy you'd be going with knows that he'd be accompanying you because you don't want to go alone (could he have some feelings for you?) or that you'd want to go with him solely to make your ex jealous? Sure wouldn't be nice if you were using this new guy to get back at your gimpy ex.

YOU ASK: "How would it look to the guy who broke up with me to see me at this dinner with another guy so fast afte the break-up?"

Why would you even care for a fraction of a second??? He is out of your life, history, gone, finished, over!!! Go to the dinner and enjoy yourself.