Couldn't make it work...

Guys,

I am 33 years old, still single, I need someone who would be really into me and won't play games. The problem is that until recently I had someone like that in my life. He wanted me like crazy, he was a very nice guy, treated me like a queen, he was very consistent, sensitive, generous and no mind games. He wanted a family and he was the sort of guy that would never cheat on you. So what's wrong with me and I turned him away?

Our upbringings and cultures were very different, there was no physical chemistry, no intellectual chemistry, I knew what he was gonna say before he even did, very predictable, no sense of humor. I gave it a shot though for a while. I thought sometimes even arranged marriages work, sometimes being 'in love' is not necessary, it goes away eventually and love and respect stays. I am not expecting someone to sweep me off my feet, but sometimes I couldn't even get myself to kiss him... My girlfriends get very upset with me "you found someone who really loves you and you let him go. There are so many single good-looking 30+ women and no one turns to look at them, are you gonna get another chance..." I am very frustrated and unsure if I made the right decision.

Your advice is very welcome!

You made the correct decision and there's no need to look back. A marriage without passion would be a hell you would never want to visit. You sound like a pretty sharp gal yet you are asking her if it was wrong not to marry somebody with whom you had no passion and little in common....DUH???

You've got some pretty stupid girlfriends who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground. You can tell them Tony in Tampa, Florida USA said so and I invite them to come after me. Many women meet and marry their husbands in their 30's these days. The chances for success in marriage increase for most people by doing this. Actually, the Internet has made finding older people with common interests even easier than it has ever been in the history of the world...as long as you are careful and use good judgement as you seem to do already.

No matter what age you are, if you marry somebody such as the guy you recently rejected, you may as well save time by having the marriage ceremony conducted by a divorce judge.

Just what kind of drugs do your girlfriends use, anyway? Tell them to stop pawning their reality over onto you and stop being so negative. And go find some girlfriends who will support you in your decisions to not ruin the rest of your days on this planet by marrying the kind of boring and passionless gentlemen such as the one you almost did.

I promise you if you get out and circulate, your prince will appear. But don't go out searching accompanied by this hopeless group of synical ladies you are apart of.

It's great relief to hear that. I do get negative some time, too, about the prospects of finding a sane, loving available man. But I also know being negative doesn't get you too far, it shows and it ruins the image you project. I'll print out your email so I can remind myself to stay positive every day!