Nightmares two nights in a row

I broke up with a girl last monday, you can find the original post about the 'downfall' in general forum. Anyway I have had two Nightmares with her as the 'key actor' within the nightmare. She just sort of ignores me even though I am trying to talk to her and talks to my friends and dances with them and stuff instead. The first dream I even cried my eyes out within the dream. I have never been close to crying during my waking hours about the break up. At the end of both dreams I woke up with an extremely high body temperature and obviously had trouble getting back to sleep.

I consider the dreams to be nightmares as they felt very wrong, bad and out of place.

What I need an opinion on is this:

Are nightmares of someone you are close to after you have broken up with them a common thing? or perhaps I still 'subliminally' like her a lot?

She was the first real relationship experience I have had so its all new grounds to me.

During the day I dont really feel anything for her now but my dreams seem to tell me otherwise? Perhaps I am in denial of my own thoughts...

Thoughts, opinions pls :)

• Author

To late to edit but the original downfall post thing is found on the 'In search of..' forum and not the general forum.

Dreaming about someone does NOT necessarily mean that you like that person or desire them. It is the feelings you experienced in the dream that are telling you something: She avoided you (eitehr physically or emotionally) when you were with her or breaking up, and this made you feel very, very sad to the point of wanting to cry. But you didn't allow yourself to cry because your testosterone-driven defence mechanisms won't allow you to cry and still maintain macho self-respect.

Now supppose you start dreaming that she is all of a sudden paying attention to you and you feel great about it. Simple interpretation: It is a fantasy of yours that she goes back to you and (like all fantasies) it will be enjoyable. It is in no way a premonition of the future.

Next time you want to look at your dreams for some emotional insight, do so as SOON as you wake up from them -- even if in the middle of the night. That way you will stay closer to your real, inner feelings and have less time to cover them with complicated "daytime" defence mechanisms.

Hope this helps.