sleepless!

hello

my question is very easy but hard to answer!

here goes:what do you do when you love someone very much (ur boyfreind) but you know he is NOT the right one for you?

:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

If you lack the capacity to break off a relationship that you KNOW (your words) is no good, then you are heading for many years of unhappiness.

Project far into the future what will happen if you stay with this guy who you knew was wrong way, way back when you were free to break it off. Go the full nine yards in imagining the future with this wrong person -- you will be unhappily married for 20 years, have a few kids, maybe an affair or two, feeling trapped, yadda, yadda. It won't be a pretty picture.

If you still can't stomach a break-up, then I hope for your and his sake that he will have the strength to do it.

• Author

hi guys

thank u for your reply

the thing is i love this guy!we have a lot of things in common but also a lot of things that make us very different

he will not break up cos we want to get married-have been going out for a year and a half!-

each time we fight and make up,i ask him what will happen next time we fight and he says "we will fight and make up"

i am tired of his ways and have asked him many times to change.he says he will try

if he keeps on disapointing me like this,i will stop loving him(naturally) and i do not want this to happen

[color=indigo]

We can all most definitely be in love with the wrong person. The fact that you KNOW he is wrong for you and you can admit it, is half the battle!! You are taking the right steps here. While it is painful to leave someone we love, it will be better off in the long run. The right person is out there for you. It takes a longing to find them and the time for your heart to heal before you begin the search. Actually, from what I have found, the best things have come to me when I didn't search for it. They just fell into my lap. Sit back, relax, heal and Mr. Right will appear when you least expect it. Best wishes!

[/color]

jessicakicksbut

The expressions "sometimes love just isn't enough" came to mind automatically when I read your post. As Leikela said, admitting that you know he is not right for you is half the battler...now the best thing for you to do is walk away, and reflect. Ask yourself, "why wasn't he right for me?", as well as "what am I looking for in a future mate/husband". Most of the time, when guys say they change, they rarely do. How can one change things about themself that are so ingrained in their personality and make-up. It is nearly impossible, and if you can not accept him the way he is, I say the best thing you can do is move on. Although it will be hard, be confident that it will be the best thing for you.