what can i do ?...

i've been apart from my ex for a good 3 months now. i only see him occasionally; i was dry enough that he doesn't try to contact me anymore.

i've been doing pretty well but the problem is - about a week ago, he's come back to my mind & i've dreamt of him & ... why is this happening, dammit!

i'm dating someone else, casually. i even like someone else non-casually, but the guy is moving out of town.

i know in my mind that my ex is the silliest reason to be out of the loop, he's bad for me in most ways. But he just keeps coming to mind! arg...

what can i do, aside from staying busy? i've been good in terms of not calling him or emailing him or anything, even if i really feel like it.

thanks,

-yes

This just happens sometimes and usually these thoughts will stop on their own.

If you want to stop them very quickly, use a technique called Neuroassociative Conditioning. Every time you think of him, immediately think of the most disgusting, repulsive thing you can...like a big pile of human excretion. Do that a few times and you will have no desire to think about him anymore.

If then you start thinking a lot about human excretion, when you have that thought immediately think of the nicest thing you can think about...like a beautiful day in the mountains. You will soon stop thinking about excreta...but you may then keep wanting to go use the bathroom in the mountains. You just never know how this stull will work out.

Good luck.

• Author

lol Tony =) Good idea.

I'm going to think of a nasty scene from the Collateral Damage movie, in which someone's killed by having a live snake go down his throat - YUCK!

thanks,

-yes

• Author

Another thing i feel icky about is ... there's a student club I used to be actively involved in, and the reason i've been less and less involved is because my ex (mentioned above) has been more-n-more involved.

Do you think it's reasonable of me? I withdrew from the club because a lot of times, i didn't feel like going to events/meetings b/c i knew he'd be around. So i figured - why do something i don't wanna do if i can avoid it.

Or should I try and not let his presence change my ways?

thanks,

yes