Ok do I delete my ex from facebook, but do i delete his friends too?

If they are your friends too then it would be going overboard..

But....

If they are only his friends then delete away... I wouldn't hesitate one second..

conehead, what are you attempting to accomplish? Do you honestly want to heal and move on from this relationship by going NC?

If you honestly want to move on, then delete away. This should have been done when you broke up.

[evil thought] If you want to jack with him, leave one close friend of his as a contact. This way your ex gets to hear all about your life, while not having any ability to provide input, since he's been deleted as a friend on Fb.[/end of evil thought]

6 weeks after my GF left me, she changed her FB status from "In a relationship" to single. I then deleted her and all of her friend from my Facebook page.

Like you, my GF's friends were her friends and we didnt have any equally mutual friends. My friends who were FB friends with my GF also deleted her, at my request.

Thing is, if you keep your ex's friends, they will post pictures of him and his life and you will be able to see them. And will find it harder to move on. I am so glad I did it.

T

I personally would.

Would it affect you seeing a pic of him with another girl etc.. One of his mates might tag him in a pic and it will show up on the latest updates bit.

Facebooks cool but it can be an arse.. I deleted all my ex's friends just to help the moving on process..

A good perspective on why you should delete an ex AND all his friends from fb. It's reliant on willpower. If you can't stop yourself from checking on him, then it's best to get rid of all reminders.

Relationships are a form of addiction. The easiest way to get rid of an addiction is to go "cold turkey".

Having said that, not everyone breaks an addiction using cold turkey. Some need to slowly wean themselves off the addiction.

They aren't mutual friends, they are just HIS friends. Do I delete them too? Or is that overboard? thx

If they aren't your friends I'm surprised why they are even on your facebook to begin with, but since they are already there...No, deleting them is NOT going overboard and it's the only proper thing to do. I mean the one common denominator you share is your ex..he's gone now..they should also.

I didn't delete my ex's friends. This is only because I had some sort of connection to them before I had even met my ex, so they are mutual friends even though he's much closer to them than I have ever been. I also recently friended two of his friends because they are living in my campus housing this year and we hang out a lot; they're my friends now too.

However, if this is not the case for you--if the only connection you have to your ex's friends is your ex himself, then yes, you can and should delete them. They more than likely won't care and even if they did, why should you worry about that? They're your ex's friends, not yours, as you said.