Anyone ever broke up because bf did not want to wait until marriage for sex? :(

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t199567/

The thread above provides all the details of my breakup. When I posted to that board, people commented, but alot of the comments didn't exactly help me cope with the pain, which is why I posted here.

I also wonder if anyone had ever had a breakup because the guy didn't want to wait until marraige for sex/sexual acts? If so, please share as I'd greatly appreciate it.

Why the break up happens is not the issue for it always causes pain and doubt, even if its value based reasons. The important thing is to learn from the break up and keep from the same issue from damaging your next relationship.

If your going to take a extreme (not to say wrong) position in society it will be difficult and it is important to understand your reason for it. To understand it on a personal level, not because an external force (God, preacher, a book, parents, fear, shame, abuse, need for controll) is motivating your decisions. If it is one of these or some other external reason it will only make the pain worst. Examining this idea will help you mature. It will help you know what is appropriate for you and what is not so you can be honest with the next guy and make you available to real intimacy in the future. Intimacy comes from honesty.

It will also help with your current pain.