Hope is a good thing but False Hope will Destroy You

DustySaltus

When me and my ex broke up I had to take about three hours to delete all of our pictures off of facebook. We had some pictures of mutual friends that were tagged, without us in them that were either posted by myself of her. I deleted her as a friend and she blocked me, but going through my pictures the other day I saw that she has now unblocked me. I have no idea why this occured and no I am not "cyberstalking" her by any means.

I am just putting everything in the equation together. She is a tough woman who probably has more pride than most men I know. She won't admit she's wrong, won't give me the ring back but at the same time is trying to keep tabs on me. If I had the ring back in my hand now I would have some closure. Instead I have this false hope that she has unblocked me and kept the ring because she doesn't want to let go of me. I go through phases where I think this concept makes 100% sense and others where I say to myself, there's no chance...stop inflicting pain on yourself.

I feel like Rocky in the 15th round of one of his fights when he's just beaten beyond recognition...but I forget that in the end he was really fighting for himself, not the "prize". Why am I thinking that she may come back?

Because its always in back of your mind no matter what you do, it is for me anyway. I would love to be able to see her again but it would be for all the wrong reasons. You have to get it in your head that if she wanted to come back she would find away! you would no about it. Only time will tell you what the real truth is behind this story. Best thing to do is not wait around for her. Move on and do things for yourself there is no guarantee that this girl wants to be with you and now is the time to look forward. I no its hard am going thru the exact same fing and it hurts like hell. Just keep strong mate.

Because we all want to believe after a breakup that the other person made a 'mistake' and will come to their senses at some point.

As such, it's very easy to look for signs that they are still interested, particularly on those networking sites.

Hope is a killer, I know that one, I spent a good six months with the hope things would turn out differently.

well first time my ex broke up with me she would ask me what i was doing and where i was? If i would say am with a work friend she would get like really abusive as tho she was jealous. Eventually she came back to me saying she missed me and couldnt live without me. So if shes keeping your ring and keeping tabs on you so to speak it definately could be possible that she does have feelings there. But in my situation we got back together and another year down the line she broke up with me again.

The point am trying to make here to you is, you may believe she is right for you now but in the future you may find yourself vunerable to the exact same situation. do you really want to have to feel this pain with this girl again? Sometimes its just not worth it even when you think its the right thing to do. Anyway i hope you can stay strong and if anything has to be said let it be her that says it. good luck