Debating if I made the right choice...

So I broke if off with my boyfriend of 6 months a week ago.

Background is:

I've been seperated for a year and a half from my soon to be ex-husband. My divorce is on the brink of finalization! yahoo!

The guy I've been seeing for 6 months is the sweetest guy I've ever dated. Made dinner all the time, talked for hours - just tons of fun!

He is a little younger than me - I'm 32 he's 25.

We had been getting in some arguments more lately (over the dumbest things you can imagine). He was frustrated over the fact that I don't want anymore kids (have a 6 year old already). I was upfront about that from the beginning but at the time we were just dating so it wasn't really a big deal.

The last fight we got into I finally broke it off. I told him he needed someone with the same goals he had and I didn't want to go on feeling guilty with him eventually resenting me over it.

A week later he calls and asks to get together and talk so we meet up. He says he's thought about it and feels the relationship is worth taking the possibilty of not having kids later on.

I told him that I didn't think a week was really long enough to make such a huge desicion and that I thought he was confused and still better off looking for someone else. He left upset obviously and i'm upset as well.

I guess my personal feeling is that I'm going to continually feel guilty in the relationship now. Like I'm stealing his future babies or something.

The hard part is we've only been together 6 months - so I don't know - 3 years from now my feelings might change. But with my divorce not even complete yet - marriage/kids is last on my list of goals.

My fear is that we would continue on in the relationship and 5 years down the road when he's ready to have kids I won't have changed my mind (not to mention I'll be 37!) and then we all get hurt even more. Right now at 6 months I think we could still be amicable.

The sad part is I really really like this guy, but I don't want to feel bad later on when he wants kids and I don't.

bah!

Thomas X Forever

You made the best decision for now. That's all that can be said.