Ex keeps contacting me

georgia girl

Okay, so here's a new one. We broke up - his choice - nearly two months ago. We're both older but have never been married; dated for a year and basically weren't looking for anything more serious than living together (no one really wants marriage in this situation - just long term commitment).

So, he starts pulling away to the point that I say I can't take it. He says fine. We break up. We have two subsequent conversations about what this means. In both, he says he cares, he says its his fault (that he is a commitment phobe) but that he's not going to change. I truly know that there is no one else. It's just over for him. I say fine. I'm done. I go no contact and have been in no contact for two weeks.

The problem? He's emailing, texting, etc., at least every other day. I haven't responded to a single thing, so I'm not sure why he keeps it up. I go out and he shows up at the same place; I volunteer somewhere and he shows up as a volunteer, too. What's up? My counselor tells me that he loves me but can't commit and I need to just move on but be prepared to find him on my doorstep one day. What do you think? HELP!!!

Sounds like a moron, he loves you enough to follow you everywhere but not to commit? Just keep up the NC I guess. I was going to suggest reminding him that he refused to commit to you and that he might as well stop stalking you, but establishing contact would just give him hope. Find another guy to be with next time you run into him.

• Author
georgia girl

Thanks... you made me laugh. I am so darned frustrated right now that anything that makes me laugh is good!