convo after breaking up

How can I get my ex to understand that the letter that I wrote was out of anger and emotion? It was a nasty one and I do not regret writing it (yet) but we agreed to be friends (his first request) I said no then after work that day had a change of heart, but every conversation we have he has to bring up one thing that i said. he has it on his table and it it's like he is doing nothing but going through it trying to find things to ask me from it (8 pages) I went ot his place with a friend and he thought that we were going to stay over night,(thats weird) whats up with all this, friends say that he is confussed but I am not to sure of why he would want a friendship if he can not be a friend? would it be because he still holds some feelings, this was not a long time together, only months like i think 2 anyways explain these break ups, they are weird I think,

After a painful break, friendships rarely work. Your letter is something he sees as your true feelings. If you started out as friends before you dated, then it would make this all easier to work out.

I can't explain your breakup because you never told us what went wrong. If this guy had feelings for you, and still does, it would make it very hard to just be friends. He may even have hope of finding the catalyst that will unite you two again.

Sorry about that, Ya he ended it, he ~~said~~ it was because I could not have anymore kids. It ended because of his lies. I found out about them and I confronted him about them. I am blunt and I get to the point with him. He says stuff to me like he never wanted to get serious with me it just happened and that he has been thinking of this for the past 3 weeks. I was not the one who was calling him, he would call me, he would come over to my place and he would make comments about meeting my family. Me I said sure and made the plans, last minute he back saying he had something else to do(another lie)I found out about. he is younger then I am. I have 3 kids he has none, the whole situation just seems to be weird to me, I was not the one to get serious about him ,he was the one to get serious about me!!! I do not want to be with him cuz of all the lies I found out about, none yet of another girl. but I just want more understanding to these situations. I was single for 3 years before I started anything with him, so really I am out of touch wiht the thoughts and stuff of break-up's

thanks