Is my ex trying to make me jealous?

Hey everyone, I'm new here and my name is Jamie. Quick background: I've been with my ex for a year and a half, he was my first boyfriend and he did have experiences with other girls, but so far, I was his first long-term "serious" girlfriend.

I broke up with him because he just didn't take our relationship seriously, kept messing around with other girls (AKA his female "friends") and the other girls kept trying to break us up and create drama between my ex and I and I just couldn't take it anymore. So I called it off. By then, he didn't liked/loved me anymore, is sure we're not "right" for each other, and told everyone he wanted to be my friend and yadda yadda yadda...

However, even when I thought it was over and such, the drama continued; His friends would bring him up all the time at school and in a very loud voice so I can hear them. They would pipe up about how "awesome" he is and such. Three weeks after we broke up, he went out with another girl (he is very dependent on girls) and the girl broke up with him. His female friend texted me and told me, "I know you don't care about C, but his girlfriend just broke up with him." which confused me because why should she tell me this, you know? I'm his EX!

Flashback to today, 4 months later, and I am feeling conflicted now. We are trying the "friends" thing but everytime we talk (through texting) he would bring up other girls and say disgusting things about it. Here are some examples:

"So, I've heard this girl told you that we slept together."

"I'm gonna try my best not to **** this girl."

"Ugh, she is not my girlfriend, she is just my **** buddy!"

The last time he made me feel bad, I told our mutual best friend that I've had enough of him and I consider him "dead" to me. So, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I got the feeling that our mutual friend somehow told him because on the SAME NIGHT I told her this, he texted me apologizing for the way he acted.

I don't understand... if he doesn't want me, why is he trying to make me jealous?

I don't understand... if he doesn't want me, why is he trying to make me jealous?

Typical ego feed mind f*ck. Texting is just impersonal electrons. Give it no value.

Better yet, block his number and/or don't read the texts. They're irrelevant, just like him :)

Typical ego feed mind f*ck. Texting is just impersonal electrons. Give it no value.

Better yet, block his number and/or don't read the texts. They're irrelevant, just like him :)

Ditto.

I would stick to people who make you feel good and happy - that is what friends do. He's not your friend.

He would like to get back with you, but since you wont do it, he will do what he cant do mess with your head, and make you jealous. Is it working? Only you cant LET him make you jealous.

• Author
He would like to get back with you, but since you wont do it, he will do what he cant do mess with your head, and make you jealous. Is it working? Only you cant LET him make you jealous.

Why would he get back with me if months ago he said he doesn't think we're right for each other and stuff? :(

And I don't get jealous by the things he said to me, I just feel hurt, you know?

Why would he get back with me if months ago he said he doesn't think we're right for each other and stuff? :(

Because, you said it yourself "he's dependant on girls"

And I don't get jealous by the things he said to me, I just feel hurt, you know?

Well if hes trying to hurt you, only YOU can let him hurt you. So its working. And you let him do it because youre still talking to him. So how bout cutting that out?