Please offer advice

I am involved in a long distance relationship (3 hours away) with a woman who is going through a very messy divorce. Her soon to be ex beat her up and threatened to kill her. She has filed for divorce and is awaiting for it to be final. I know that there is no way that she will get back with her ex so that is not an issue. The issue is that even though I fell in love with her I am beginning to think it is not worth it to be with her. I feel really bad for her because her life has been totally destroyed by her idiot ex husband. I have been friends with her for a long time and the romance is about 2 months old. I do not want to add to her stress by breaking up with her but I am not Happy being with her. I am seriously worried about her sanity and I do not want to make things worse for her, but I deserve to be happy. Should I try to work thru things with her or should I just break up with her.

Love is certainly confusing and I am in need of some good advice please help.

If you don't want to be with her, you have every right to break up with her. You should be concerned with your happiness. Her sanity is her business, not yours, especially after only two months. Her divorce and ex are her business, not yours. Her screwed up life is her business, not yours. There is no reason why you need to be involved with her if you don't want to be.

And plus, even if you stay with her for the short term, eventually she will get hurt when you break up with her. Why drag it out?

Read Clia's remarks very carefully.

To add to what she posted above, I can tell you that being involved with somebody who is going through a nasty divorce is NOT something you want to be doing. She's got to be confused, bitter and she'll have to take a while to heal in order to be fully available for any kind of new relationship.

Right now, she's vulnerable and any relationship she gets into is likely to be transitional and short term.

But Clia is right in that if you aren't getting anything out of being with this lady, get away from her. What she does to herself is her doing, not yours.