Is my ex girlfriend stringing me along until she heals from our break up?

Gizmo_Maffei

My girlfriend and I broke up around 3 months ago after being together for 9 months (last 6 months we lived together). I moved out 2 weeks after the break up and she suggested we be friends. I thought it might be ok as we still shared a lease together. 6 days after I moved out she texts me to tell me that she's already dating someone. I felt so hurt I didn't speak to her, answer the phone, or her texts for about a month and a half.*

After a month and a half I called her because the lease was worrying me. We updated each other about our lives. Without any specific details, we agree that our break up was inevitable and that it's better this way. *We then agree to meet in a week to resolve getting the rest of my stuff, the lease and some money she owed me. *

*She then calls three and a half weeks later and says that she's sending me a lower amount of money we had agree. I asked her to recall all the money and sacrifices I made in the relationship and she got frustrated and said she had to go and then hung up. Immediately after I sent her a text saying that I'm sorry to have frustrated her and that I would be appreciative of anything she can send. 30 minutes later she answer my text and tells me that I frustrate her more than anyone. I then repeat to her my apologies and then she totally starts texting me asking about my life and updates me on hers. She never discusses my stuff, the lease, or my money. We text each other for 45 minutes after midnight about our current life situation.*

She says she's quite happy but why is she texting me for 45 minutes right before going to sleep? Especially, as she already has a boyfriend. Why does she never discuss getting my stuff or the relationship? She only updates me on her life and even asks why I haven't started dating? Does she not talk about the relationship because she's still hurting? Why does she seem hostile with me the 2 times we talked after being separated for 3 months? *Should I keep answering her calls even if she just calls once a month? *What's the best thing to do? *

This is what you do. Since theres no chance at a reconciliation, when she texts you, only talk to her about the lease. Nothing else. Shes not worth your time, nor does she deserve to know whats going on in your life anymore. She gets an ego boost out of knowing that you havent moved on from her yet. She is controlling you. Especially since she can talk to you now after you cut her off for a month and a half. Dont give her that. Dont worry about frustrating her, it doesnt matter. Shes a lil manipulative beyotch.

SHe has a new guy, but she misses your friendship. But when you text her for 45 minutes, she gets to use you for friendship while she has a bf. Dont let her use you like that. Dont let her control you. DOnt be a chump. She lost all respect for you already.

Any texts or calls are of the lease money ONLY, nothing else. And not what she can send, the FULL AMOUNT. If she avoids the lease talk, you say "i gotta run" and then ignore any of her texts that dont talk about the lease.

Hi, I agree with much of what boogieboy has said. I think she's trying to keep you sweet to get out of paying you what she owes you. Keep your talk to money/lease only, stop texting only call on the phone, texts can cause so much misinterpretation. If she starts to talk about other stuff just calmly say I only have a few mins I just called to talk about the lease, we can catch up another time.(But obviously, don't catch up with her another time)!