is he seriously trying to make me jealous? :|

jessicasilver

my ex dumped me 2 months ago, it hurt bt i eventually got over it but recently i noticed that he will only come on msn if im online and he would sign in right after i signed in....i spoke to him yesterday on msn to see how he was...he just out the blue mentioned how he took his mums sport range rover (without a license) and took it to a popular hang out for young people... (his still learning to drive) i felt like he was trying to make me jealous by the way he was saying "i got loads of looks from people so its all good" then i remembered i drove past there and it was empty so i mentioned it to him and said "i didnt see you there" then he said well i wasnt really there i was mostly at the other place near it... did i just catch out his lie... why does he have to try and make me jealous, i never tell him anything about what i get up to because i dont really care what he thinks... was he trying to make me jealous thinking that i might still like him or something???

CantGetItRite

I would say yes. When I was much, much younger (high school age) me and my exes would play this game all the time. The reason for saying things like he said is to let you know that he is desirable to others so if he changes his mind and wants to get back together you better jump on it before someone else snatches him up or just to be a prick and make you feel bad. And when I've played this silly little game with exes the truth was "I went out, it wasn't that great but I feel the need to make it sound like I was the best thing there to make you jealous" to just feed my own ego and drive my poor ex crazy. Truth is, things aren't that great for him.

• Author
jessicasilver

well his 18... i assumed he would be more mature then that... his not going to get a reaction from me, i have pasted the stage of caring anymore and if he is trying to somehow win me back, his doing it so wrong, instead of making me fall for the guy i first met his pushing me away, his changed and i dont like the new him.... (hence the reason i got over him so quick)

CantGetItRite

Good for you. If he tries to contact you just be short with him and tell him you need to go. He's def trying to toy with you. I've done it before and have had others do it to me. 18 is still really, really young. You sound like a very mature and wise girl and am glad you aren't falling for his silliness.