He's leaving (again!)

I'v had the roughest year of my life. Read my story if you wish, it's not exactly a nice one on my part. Anyway, when my ex broe up with me, I felt like my world had fallen apart. It came as the biggest shock to me - not the break up - but my reaction to it. I normally wouldn't take stuff like that too seriously. But it was my first break up after a 3 year relationship.

Anyway, we're now seeing each other again. I don't know what to say about that. We've been seeing each other since the end of January. It's only been in the last maybe 3 weeks that we've really started seeing each other i suppose. But, he's going away now.

He's not from the same country as me, and he has lost his citizenship in his old country. Unless he joins the army there, he won't get citizenship. So a few months ago, he decided he'd join this year. He made this decision while he was going out with another girl.

And now the time has come - only I'm the one that'll be hurt, not his ex. He's leaving in 3 or 4 days. He won't be back for a year and 3 months. That's a long time. I will have no way of seeing him in that time.

A lot of things are ending for me at the moment. I'm finishing a college course I have loved in 2 weeks time. I am finishing my 6 year college life in general. I had to say goodbye to a work experience I'd done. I just feel like I'll spend the next few weeks saying goodbye to friends (college) and this guy I'm seeing and I'll be left alone again. I'm scared of feeling empty again. That's how I feel when he's not around - I feel detatched from everyone.

Anyway, I'll probably be back on here in a few days.

Wish me luck :(

• Author

ahh, no one has replied. alright, i'll reply to myself. I felt ok earlier, maybe a little lonely, cos he was in work. But now, i feel hurt. was invited to his party but then turns out he didnt really want me there. he didnt want it to be awkward.

i dont deserve the hurt anymore

sexyboy_69_69

Some events and happenings in life are inevitable. You had no control over him leaving and you should not feel guilty, responsible, depressed and lonely because of that. Try to look at the positive side of things and remember the good time you guys shared together. Go to the party and act casual instead of needy and nervous. Once he leaves, try and keep touch by email or write him a letter occasionally asking him how he is and in the end if he is the "one" for you, you guys will end up together regardless of what happens. While he is gone, keep yourself busy and mind off the fact that he is gone. Time will make you feel better because knowingly, time heals most, if not all problems. After several weeks of grieving the fact that my gf left ,me, i realized that i needed to turn the tables around and act mature, independent and happy. Now i feel great and even though my ex was the dumper i have employed no contact for a month and she messaged me but im still continuing the silent treatment - works like a charm. My suggestion is to give him your address before he leaves and tell him to write you about his experiences; make him initiate contact and feel like he is leaving sometime valuable behind. If he write first, you know he cares.

Hope this helps, peace :p

• Author

you're right, sexyboy (feels strange callin someone that!!),

I used to be a strong and independent person, I really was. But when he left me a year ago, I broke down and was miserable and some of that still remains, I've become too dependent. I know, i know...

You're right about everything you said - i should give him my address and see does he contact first yada yada yada.

Thanks a lot!