** EX SENT ME A BLANK TEXT MSG... what does this mean?.. any thoughts?...

Charmaine_Champagne

Charmaine_Champagne

i've told the entire boring, long story and details of my exact situation in my previous thread but i'm wanting afew more opinions on this specifically-

after 30 days no contact my ex b/f sent me a blank text message (so far i've ignored it as that's what friends advised me to do) i'm just wondering does any1 out there have any opnions on WHY he would do this?....

in 30 days the blank text is the 2nd message i've had from him. he sent a message after 20 days NC that just said ''how come i haven't heard from you?'' (which i ignored- it wasn't exactly very warm or friendly)

i REALLY miss him but it's not like he is going to great lengths to convince me that he misses me (we were together almost 6 years- on and off in parts)

but why the blank text? if he wanted to get in touch could he not actually SAY something/ anything? does this mean he is thinking of me? he initiated the break up but like i said we were together a long time and first loves, etc etc

but anyway, i need some opnions on the blank text? why?!

does he want me back?

p.s) i don't think it was sent accidently for various reasons- the time of day he sent it at and the fact he is pretty phone savvy, and that in the 6 years we were together i have never had a blank text from him and now we break up i get one. so i do think it was deliberately sent... but why?

i've told the entire boring, long story and details of my exact situation in my previous thread but i'm wanting afew more opinions on this specifically-

after 30 days no contact my ex b/f sent me a blank text message (so far i've ignored it as that's what friends advised me to do) i'm just wondering does any1 out there have any opnions on WHY he would do this?....

in 30 days the blank text is the 2nd message i've had from him. he sent a message after 20 days NC that just said ''how come i haven't heard from you?'' (which i ignored- it wasn't exactly very warm or friendly)

i REALLY miss him but it's not like he is going to great lengths to convince me that he misses me (we were together almost 6 years- on and off in parts)

but why the blank text? if he wanted to get in touch could he not actually SAY something/ anything? does this mean he is thinking of me? he initiated the break up but like i said we were together a long time and first loves, etc etc

but anyway, i need some opnions on the blank text? why?!

does he want me back?

p.s) i don't think it was sent accidently for various reasons- the time of day he sent it at and the fact he is pretty phone savvy, and that in the 6 years we were together i have never had a blank text from him and now we break up i get one. so i do think it was deliberately sent... but why?

It's a lame way of getting you to think about him, without actually saying anything, and if you call him on it, he can say "oh, it was an accident"

I can't say if he wants you back or not, but clearly he wants you to think about him.

• Author
Charmaine_Champagne

surely this means he must be thinking about me and maybe even missing me???? (yes, i'm pathetic)

One of my ex's did that once and I did reply the next day and he said oh sorry that was an accident. I wish I hadn't replied because that made me feel like crap even more... I say he just wants you to think about him.

Don't look into it

and yes all LTR's still love and miss each other after a breakup - but don't confuse words with actions. Mine says she misses and loves me... but won't move toward reconciling/getting back together at all =/

It's blank.. if you don't what it says then how are we supposed to figure it out ?

If it has no words then it says and means nothing...

whichwayisup

but why the blank text? if he wanted to get in touch could he not actually SAY something/ anything?

He probably figures you're going to ignore the message like last time and he was just feeling out the situation.

does this mean he is thinking of me? he initiated the break up but like i said we were together a long time and first loves, etc etc

Sounds like an ego feed, on your behalf. You want him to jump through hoops for you, yet you aren't really wanting him back. You want him to chase you but you're not willing to talk to him reguardless UNLESS he chases you the way you want him to chase you.

Why play games? Either block his email/text messages and move on, or call him once and for all and TALK this out.

• Author
Charmaine_Champagne

no not at all, i can assure u it is not an ego feed for me. if you read my original thread (it's long and boring) you'll understand why i went no contact with him in the first place.. i tried calling, asking questions, running after him even but it got me nowhere he just ignored me. so i went no contact and it's been 30 days now.

i miss him so much, i really need to talk to him but i know i can't get in touch with him. he made it obvious he didn't want me around. but now i get these texts after so long of hearing nothing from him. if i respond right away he could just go back to ignoring me again or tell me that he sent it by accident.

and i can assure you it's not that i want him to pay me attention and 'jump through hoops for me' but after what he did to me i feel he needs to try harder if he wants me to talk to him- not just send me a blank text message.. if he really wanted me back he would at least call me or text me and say he misses me.

but then if he doesn't miss me why send any kind of text at all be it blank or otherwise? i think it might be to get my attention, to test the water, etc

everyone says NC helps you heal, it's been a month for me now and i can honestly say i feel worse, i still have no answers and i'm nowhere close to moving on. i try to keep busy but when i'm out, even with friends i know that i'm terrible company and i can't enjoy myself properly, everything reminds me of him..

that is why i had this faint hope that the blank text msg was his way of trying to break the ice. but i can't be the one to contact him as he was the one who initiated the break up. why would he send this???????

a blank text eh? just what every girl wants :love:

right????

i think the ego feed is on his part.

sorry that ur goin thru this, its all very confusing ive been there.

• Author
Charmaine_Champagne

so basically it could just be bait to see if i respond.. to see if i'm still pining for him, waiting for his call (which i am!) which might not necessarily mean he wants me back it could just be to ease his guilt or to feed his ego..

i thought it might mean he was thinking about me but didn't know how to go about contacting me, didn't know what to say so he sent a blank text to see if i respond.

i know i'm over-analyzing it all but i just want to know is he feeling anything like what i'm feeling. do you think i should just ignore it? someone told me unless he texts me saying something like ''i miss u, i made a mistake, i want u back blah blah blah'' then do not respond.

anymore thoughts on why send a blank text? or has anyone ever done this?

OMG... same thing happened to me!

Except she rang me twice (i missed both of them).

I didn't ask her why she did it or anything.

A couple of hours later she sends me a text, after 3months of NC saying "Sorry phone was unlocked, was an accident" I DID NOT RESPOND!

Don't look into it, they just want attention! They want you to miss them again... they want you to SUFFER so they can feel good about themselves, feel worth while...

Just delete and pretend it never happened.:)

personally i wouldnt reply.

i think its all about him wondering why you havent gone to pieces and how the hell or what the hell is making you so strong that for 30days youve completely ignored him.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Language.
  • Author
Charmaine_Champagne

i'm far from strong.. i AM going to pieces lol.. he doesn't know that though.. he probably thinks i am not. i will ignore it.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Language
hopesndreams

NO, NO, NO, NO do not think he wants you back. Keep going NC. Don't live in false hope. Blank text message, lol...what a loser.

It doesn't mean anything. If you reply you have lost, and he will sit there with a big grin on his face.

If it would come to a point where he actually says "i miss you" you can reply that you will only believe him if he has the balls to say it face to face. If not, tell him to leave you alone. He just wants his ego fed. And you would be feeding it if you reply.

what does it mean?... does it mean anything?

DO NOT OVER ANALYZE THIS. The blank text message is the oldest bait trick in the book. Do not respond. He wants to see something from you, a breath, a heart beat, anything he can to know you're around and thinking about him. He MAY miss you but more than likely he just feels guilty and wants to rid himself of that guilt.

If he was really serious about mending a broken relationship, he'd be at your doorstep or would contact you in a serious way not a blank text message.

Definitely don't respond, especially now that it's been awhile. If you respond now, he'll know that it's been on your mind and you're thinking about it. You don't want that at all.

• Author
Charmaine_Champagne

thanks, i know deep down the right thing to do is to not answer him, so i won't respond.

but its been 1 month now and he has heard nothing from me, and apart from that 1 blank text, he doesn't seem all that bothered.. he's not calling me to see, if nothing else, if i'm still alive.

i worry if i don't respond he will assume i've moved on and will never contact me again, ever. and deep down i want him to, i miss him. but i know if he really wants me he will call.

whichwayisup

Block him. Text, IM, Email, phone, whatever.. Block him this way what he says or doesn't say, won't get to you.

thanks, i know deep down the right thing to do is to not answer him, so i won't respond.

but its been 1 month now and he has heard nothing from me, and apart from that 1 blank text, he doesn't seem all that bothered.. he's not calling me to see, if nothing else, if i'm still alive.

i worry if i don't respond he will assume i've moved on and will never contact me again, ever. and deep down i want him to, i miss him. but i know if he really wants me he will call.

I know exactly how you feel, but you should qualify your statements. You want him to call AND say he wants you back/misses you/loves you/etc. You DONT want him to call and say some BS about how you can be friends.

Trust me, we all play the same head game. He is not going to assume you moved on just because youre not responding to his MINIMAL efforts through text messaging. He may not respond simply because he gets the point that he might have to suck it up and say sorry, and hes not willing to do that. The reasons we THINK people stop calling and the actual reasons are usually very different.

You are very right, if he wants to, he will call.

• Author
Charmaine_Champagne

You want him to call AND say he wants you back/misses you/loves you/etc. You DONT want him to call and say some BS about how you can be friends.

yes, that is exactly how i feel.. until he does that i can't respond to him and his efforts so far have been minimal. but will he ever do that?.. no one knows the answer only him. after 6 years/first loves, etc i would like to think he wouldn't be over me that quickly but maybe he thinks the grass is greener

It could mean:

1) absolutely nothing (accident); or

2) that he's dying to hear from you.. but is too 'macho' to say it.. he prefers to send 'subliminal' messages.

You want him to call AND say he wants you back/misses you/loves you/etc. You DONT want him to call and say some BS about how you can be friends.

yes, that is exactly how i feel.. until he does that i can't respond to him and his efforts so far have been minimal. but will he ever do that?.. no one knows the answer only him. after 6 years/first loves, etc i would like to think he wouldn't be over me that quickly but maybe he thinks the grass is greener

Like I told someone earlier, you have to put things in context.

He came to the conclusion that breaking up with you was a good idea, the right thing to do. It doesnt mean that he is heartless and absolutely doesnt care, but he doesnt return the feelings you have, and he cant offer you what youre looking for. On top of that, youre making a point that youre not going to take breadcrumbs or a friendship.

Its good for you, but right now its hard. Dont expect to hear from him again, chances are, you wont. I know its harsh, but I was just with somone for 5 years, and once she was good and sure I didnt want to be friends, she hasnt made any attempt to contact me in 4-5 months.

its the same like calling froma a unknown number and hanging up, or sending a forward to your ex, but including like 5 other emails (I've done this), just to get them to think of you.