what are techniques for not calling him?

the relationship is on the verge of breaking up and now is the crucial time to play it out the way a guy likes. i mean we had some fights and now its calm on both sides. we haven't spoken for a few days and i don't know if it means we are going to separate. in this situation should i wait to see if he makes the first move to call? i want to talk to him so much but i don't want to make a boo boo. what do you suggest i do?

Well what has brought on this silence? In order to get sound advice, it might be helpful if you elaborated a bit. If it's not a big deal....

Do you really think that calling him is going to make matters worse? I mean, I'd call him just to tell him you were thinking about him and making sure he is ok. I don't see a problem with calling him.

You wrote that the relationship is on the verge of breaking up. That would indicate to me that it has not been fulfilling to one or both of you. If that's the case, why should it concern you one way or the other if it's right for you to call him.

Give him a call as soon as possible. Talk to him about whatever you like. If he get's nasty, it's only one more indication that your assertion that the relationship is ready to break up is correct. If he is kind and takes on a different attitude, that may give you hope to pull this back together.

Don't get your hopes up, though. If a relationship has gotten nasty, it's probably not worth saving. You seem to be beating a dead horse with this one.

I was with this guy in Sept of 2001 and after we spent pretty much a whole weekend together, he didn't call me for several days. I decided to call him and make sure he was OK (he had hurt his back during the weekend). He told me he was busy but he would call me later. Before the next weekend was up, he E-MAILED me to break things off saying that I called too much. I only called when he asked me to or the time I called to see if he was OK. Kinda pissed me off because by this point i had started to fall for him and he was talking about marriage.

I think I made things worst because I e-mailed him back saying he was a p***y and coward for using e-mail to break up with me. I was royally pissed when I e-mailed him, I guess I should have cooled down before I responded.

This guy works for a local radio station and I still get pissed when I hear his show on. I don't get pissed because he broke up with me, I get pissed because I found out that he wasn't what he claimed to be.

I am also friends with most of the people he works with and some have told me he is a womanizer and that he broke up with me because I wouldn't sleep with him.

I'm a DJ at a radio station too. And when I break up with someone they usually call me crying bc they heard my voice on the radio. I feel sorry for anyone who dates, and breaks up with a DJ. BC you can't really get away from them....I mean, if you dont turn it to that channel, you will always run into them in public somewhere at an event or something.

What's even worse is my bf is a DJ too...at a competiting company. We can't ever do things together, bc we are always working. And last night, we were out doing station events at the same place, and people glared at us for talking to each other...knowing we are together.

But I guess the hardest thing about dating a DJ or anybody that is exposed to masses of people...is that if you are jealous, you'll get nowhere in the relationship. It's worked both ways for me...I've been jealous, and I've had my s.o.'s become jealous.

OK that was off topic, but I had to say it.