Keeping tabs on me?

Tryng2Trust08

So..me and my ex have texted some since breaking up..no phone conversations but texts. Anyways, its not a good idea for me, and I have told him this. I guess he sent me a text last night, but I never got it.

So, in the am he was asking if I was still alive? I responded yes Im alive! He said it wasnt like me to not respond & he was worried.

We went on to have a simple conversation, him asking what I was doing, if I have my kids this weekend, etc how I was feeling...Anybody wanna give me some insight? Why is he wanting to keep tabs on me? I mean, I wanted more from him and he wouldnt and now since Im not showing much attention....he's gonna act interested?Im thinking I will get a text from him later cuz he knows I dont have my kids tonight....Isnt that how it always happens? LOL.

I have to add since not talking to him I have been feeling great about myself, I really dont think I would want him back in my life at all.

• Author
Tryng2Trust08

Really? I wonder why because he has made it very clear to me he doesn't want to date me! lol. Honestly, in texting today it almost seemed like he was gonna ask me to do something tonight...Why would he care if I still had a thing for him? To boost his ego?

It may be to boost his ego. He may have regrets. He may be bored and lonely. Who knows? The bottom line is that it doesn't matter, and you shouldn't be giving him access to you and your life anymore, especially if you've realized that you are so much better off and feeling so much better about yourself. Why indulge him?

People's feelings don't evaporate immediately upon break up. This doesn't mean they want to get back together again. The more you try to guess why, more often than not, the less right it is.

Try to forget about him. The easiest and most effective way to move on, is to go NC. In cutting off contact, you break the habitual addiction of having them in your life.

• Author
Tryng2Trust08

Why is he soo good? Because it's a game to him? I really cared for him and put up with a lot until I couldnt anymore, bad timing, whatever, he had bad timing for things with me also. O well. He doesnt deserve to get to know whats happening in my life, so I wont give him that anymore.

OP, read my prior post upthread. Especially the last sentence.

I was being sarcastic regarding him being good. The truly narcissistic often are. TBF was married to one. Maybe you can compare notes. Happy to be wrong but don't think I am.

• Author
Tryng2Trust08

Oh, I believe you..I think he is brainwashing and manipulative, games etc...one of the reasons I couldnt handle a relationship with him. It drove me absolutely crazy. Thanx for the input!