New Year's Resolution

Is anyone else making a resolution regarding their ex? As for me, mine is to vow to never contact her again, even though her birthday is coming up. It's also to completely let go, and not even entertain thoughts of her. I feel that because I'm over a month NC that I'm in a position to just completely forget about her and move on. Even through NC I held a sliver of hope that "maybe, some day". I want to let go of that.

My roommates are having a bunch of people over tonight, so my goal is to get a few #s and really get the ball rolling on my resolution.

So again, is anyone else having simliar thoughts? I think this is a good way to move foreward, even though New Year's Resolutions are a bit cheesy. :p

Is anyone else making a resolution regarding their ex? As for me, mine is to vow to never contact her again, even though her birthday is coming up. It's also to completely let go, and not even entertain thoughts of her. I feel that because I'm over a month NC that I'm in a position to just completely forget about her and move on. Even through NC I held a sliver of hope that "maybe, some day". I want to let go of that.

My roommates are having a bunch of people over tonight, so my goal is to get a few #s and really get the ball rolling on my resolution.

So again, is anyone else having simliar thoughts? I think this is a good way to move foreward, even though New Year's Resolutions are a bit cheesy. :p

I think it's a great idea. A new year, time to start fresh and set a goal to futher put the ex far out of your mind. It's hard to let go of that hope about 'someday', but as nearly everyone on this board has said, you have to to truly move on.

Here's to a much better 2009

Better to have corny ass ex resolutions than none at all :). Here's mine:

- give up hope on ex coming back

- lose feelings for the ex

- not do anything to get attention / reaction from ex

- will not see ex anymore

- will not do anymore the dumb things and bad decisions I made this 2008

- finally accept that I cannot force someone to love me