got back with the ex...

Hey, im looking for some opionions...

I just got back with my Ex. We first dated.. then lived together for about 2.5 years and have been split up for about 8 months. We didnt break up on bad terms. We became more friends then anything... with benifits of course ;)

Over the last few weeks (and months) we had talked about how our feelings have really changes and also how our personalities have changed after the breakup. I believe it has changed the both of us in a positive way.

But since we have gotten back together im not to sure what to think.

We still do have issues but we have the comunicational skills to solve most of them... and some just dont get resolved.

I donno... since were together.... i feel different and its not really in a romanitic way. I still feel like its at a friendship state... but as i always do, once im in her presence i get all mushy hearted and stuff.

She also suffers from serious depression. She is getting help but its hard on things. We are just dealing with this major thing.. i guess we seemed to ignore it the first time around.

With dealing with this issue.. i feel there is lots of opertunity for good changes for her. Thus, there is hope for a relationship with her.

I still have strong feelings with her... especially when she was doing her own thing with different guys when we were broke up... as i did and she reacted the same.

I want to be a strong person... a rock in her world to help her fight the depression and get her back on her feet. I know i can help her... idonno.

Idonno, i just feel like im in a very weird part of my life. And im moving very slowly in this relationship. Im not falling head over heals right away like i did before. It seems distant, sometimes it feels good, sometimes it feels bad.

We were very close when we where together... and now that we are again i kind of miss the closeness of it all but yet i think its for the better.

Idonno what to think... im wondering if this is a weird approch to this situation or normal, or idonno.

Have a good one,

thanks for ur input

idonno what to tell you

Hey, im looking for some opionions... I just got back with my Ex. We first dated.. then lived together for about 2.5 years and have been split up for about 8 months. We didnt break up on bad terms. We became more friends then anything... with benifits of course ;) Over the last few weeks (and months) we had talked about how our feelings have really changes and also how our personalities have changed after the breakup. I believe it has changed the both of us in a positive way. But since we have gotten back together im not to sure what to think. We still do have issues but we have the comunicational skills to solve most of them... and some just dont get resolved. I donno... since were together.... i feel different and its not really in a romanitic way. I still feel like its at a friendship state... but as i always do, once im in her presence i get all mushy hearted and stuff. She also suffers from serious depression. She is getting help but its hard on things. We are just dealing with this major thing.. i guess we seemed to ignore it the first time around.

With dealing with this issue.. i feel there is lots of opertunity for good changes for her. Thus, there is hope for a relationship with her.

I still have strong feelings with her... especially when she was doing her own thing with different guys when we were broke up... as i did and she reacted the same. I want to be a strong person... a rock in her world to help her fight the depression and get her back on her feet. I know i can help her... idonno. Idonno, i just feel like im in a very weird part of my life. And im moving very slowly in this relationship. Im not falling head over heals right away like i did before. It seems distant, sometimes it feels good, sometimes it feels bad.

We were very close when we where together... and now that we are again i kind of miss the closeness of it all but yet i think its for the better.

Idonno what to think... im wondering if this is a weird approch to this situation or normal, or idonno. Have a good one, thanks for ur input

You may not have broken up on bad terms, but there was a reason you broke up. Think back to what that reason was. Does it still apply?

It doesn't sound like you are very into this relationship, but are more into the IDEA of having the relationship with her. You say you still have strong feelings for her, but do you really love her? Do you really want to spend the rest of your life with her? It's not going to be like it was before. First of all, you've lived together for 2.5 years. Second of all, you've gone through a breakup. That "falling head over heels" feeling occurs when you don't know someone very well and are getting to know that person. You already know (probably) everything about her, so there isn't going to be the same mystery and allure to the relationship.

And I really hardly think you "broke up" if you remained friends with benefits. That's not breaking up. That's holding on. You really never completely broke up with this girl. She is what you are used to. Maybe you should consider taking a break from each other and not talking at all, not sleeping together, etc. And date some other girls. See what else is out there. Maybe you could be a little more enthusiastic about someone else.

Hey, im looking for some opionions... I just got back with my Ex. We first dated.. then lived together for about 2.5 years and have been split up for about 8 months. We didnt break up on bad terms. We became more friends then anything... with benifits of course ;) Over the last few weeks (and months) we had talked about how our feelings have really changes and also how our personalities have changed after the breakup. I believe it has changed the both of us in a positive way. But since we have gotten back together im not to sure what to think. We still do have issues but we have the comunicational skills to solve most of them... and some just dont get resolved. I donno... since were together.... i feel different and its not really in a romanitic way. I still feel like its at a friendship state... but as i always do, once im in her presence i get all mushy hearted and stuff. She also suffers from serious depression. She is getting help but its hard on things. We are just dealing with this major thing.. i guess we seemed to ignore it the first time around.

I still have strong feelings with her... especially when she was doing her own thing with different guys when we were broke up... as i did and she reacted the same. I want to be a strong person... a rock in her world to help her fight the depression and get her back on her feet. I know i can help her... idonno. Idonno, i just feel like im in a very weird part of my life. And im moving very slowly in this relationship. Im not falling head over heals right away like i did before. It seems distant, sometimes it feels good, sometimes it feels bad.

Idonno what to think... im wondering if this is a weird approch to this situation or normal, or idonno. Have a good one, thanks for ur input

• 2 weeks later...

i have found in my experience that the getting back with an ex thing never works. i don't know why its just something about breaking up and it feels weird. trust me, it doesnt' work. it always feels awkward.