Looking to mend this 3 year "break" relationship

Ok, so after 3 years it was my GF who decided for our relationship to take a "break".

We are the very best of friends and shared our deepest feelings with each other, etc. The last couple months our relationship has been in sort of a rut. Like we start to argue about stupid little things. We are both in college, so there is an hour distance between us. And she has been trying very hard to fix this relationship. Don't get me wrong, I have too; just not as much as she has tried. And now I realize that i'm an idiot for not seeing what was happening--that we were about to take a "break". So, last week I tried to show my real feelings, and it was weird my feelings for her was some sort of new firey passion, maybe bc I finally saw what I will lose, the love of my life and best friend.

So tonight we talked in the park and she thought it was best for us to have some time for ourselves to think about things. I was trying to convince her that these new feeling were true and that she would never feel like "she wasn't getting anything out of the relationship" ever again. But she still thought taking time for ourselves was best. She did say if it is true love, that we will find each other and realize what we were missing; and get back together again.

She said to take so time for ourselves and see where that took us, but she said that we might feel that we still love each other and maybe try again to make it work. She said getting back together was a possibility if we felt like we really were meant for each other, but she said to give it some time. We didnt want to say goodbye, and we gave each other one last long hug and she rubbed my head and that was it.

Before we left each other we said if anything were to happen to us or our family, to not hesitate and call. and we said to take care of ourselves.

so I know she is the love of my life and i have felt this ever since i met her. i know she loves me and she said she feels bad for hurting me; and she forgave me for my past blunders.

so my question is, I am going to do NC for probably 3 weeks or a month and see how my feeling hold up, If i still feel like she is my true love, I will try and contact her. IS THIS A GOOD MOVE? I dont want to wait too long, esp if she still has feeling for me and wants to make it work. If i contact her, how long should i wait, and if i do contact her i will just ask how things have been going and tell her some new things in my life, THEN SHOULD I ASK TO MAYBE MEET UP WITH HER?

and also, we have been wishing each other happy anniversary every month for 3 years, Our next month anniversary is coming up in like 12 days, if i'm in NC should I at least text her, to kinda see that i still remember and i care?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it was kinda long, but i need help

Nope. She was the one who broke up with you regardless of whether she says she still loves you, she broke up with you. Don't call her. Read up on NC. It means no contact in any way, for any reason whatsoever. If she seriously wants you, she'll call. If not, you have your answer.

Definite NC, focus on yourself. Can't spend your life waiting for someone else.

She did the dumping, so you have to move on. The last poster has the right idea. Don't think that she'll just completely forget you if you don't talk to her. You can't change her mind, just as much as she can't change yours. So make the decision for yourself, and do you.