short version what do i do

Hey...

hey, i'm 20 and i was going out with the best girl ever who is 18. So me and my girlfriend broke up about 6 months ago on good terms, we love each other and care for each other so much, well we did, and we were friends for about a month but i found it too hard to just be friends with her and started not acting myself, she then thought we should not be with each other unless in a group...and now i havent talked to her for about 5 months or seen her, she tried to call about 4 months ago bout i was too scared to answer, i dont know why, i want to be with her again like we both wanted to be but i dont know if its too late, i dont know if i should call her and if i did i'm not sure if she would even want to talk to me anymore...any ideas??? please if your bored enough read my much longer and more detailed post and give me any advice...thanks...

James,

(Sorry...I couldn't make the trip through your other post :o)

You won't know if she is interested in trying to reconcile with you until you ask her directly. Obviously. So...you just gotta bite the bullet and go for it, yes?

I would suggest that you try to make in-person contact instead of texts and emails. Keep in mind that she may not be interested...be prepared for that possibility. Just say, "thanks for your honesty" or something. Don't start begging, whining or asking, "why not?"

Six months is a long time to have not done too much "letting go and moving on" -- I'd encourage you to find out once and for all, for your own sake. Whether she says 'yes' or 'no', you will at least know what steps you need to start taking to secure your own happy and successful future.

Good luck. I know you are feeling somewhat fearful. But consider that you will actually be getting positive news, either way. One answer will be satisfying in the short-term, but the other answer will help you in the long-term. It really is win-win, for you.

Call her and just see how she's doing and catch up. If the phone call seems to be going well, ask her out to lunch or coffee. If that goes well, when with her give a small compliment on how she looks or something nice. I don't recommend just throwing at her right away "hey, you want to get back together?" Feel it out first before asking, you know?

• Author

Hey...

Just wanted to say thank you to both of you for your ideas...

I guess i have always thought that this is what i should do but never really had the confirmation...thank you, i guess i'll try talk to her...wish me luck lol...thank you...