How can I stick to NC??

My ex and I have been broken up for 2 years now, and I still have never managed to stick to NC (I know, sad huh?). I'm still totally in love with him, he doesn't feel the same and has made this clear to me on many occasions.

I tell him I want to go NC pretty frequently which he is happy with, he says he just wants me to move on and be happy, hopes we can be friends one day, but he understands I have to do whats right for me.

But the problem is, I say NC and then I call him 3 days later. I just can't stick to it!! And now its getting to the point where I'm afraid he's going to meet someone and fall in love and I know I'm not strong enough to handle that so I need to go NC and stick to it now before that happens.

I just can't do it! All my friends have boyfriends, or are really busy, plus everyone's sick of hearing about it anyway (since its been going on for 2 years) so I don't really have any support.

I don't know how to make it stick, and I'm really scared that I'm never going to be happy again.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I feel like I'm falling down a big black hole...

I stuck to mine out of sheer force, self-will, and desperation to get as much of Lawrence out of my system as possible. I'm a little shame-faced when I remember that I had to tell him... I wish I just did it and didn't give him any hint of his upper hand whatsoever. :mad:

When you get sick of the see-saw of emotions. That hollowness that you feel after you contact your ex, you'll get tired of that too. When you realize that when you talk to someone - who you know with absolute certainty cares for you - and you walk away from that conversation feeling good for a long time... you compare this with the temporary high you feel when you're talking to the ex and then that absolute crash afterwards.

You don't feel crappy after what you would consider is a good conversation with someone you care about. That's how I ended up seeing things...

I think that's one way that you can stick to NC. My $0.02.

I've stuck to my Nc, cause I was didn't want to go through getting back together and then breaking up again! I had had enough! I knew that if I didn't initiate the Nc that I would never be able to heal myself and move on from this very dysfunctional person! You know what? It works!!!! No doubt about it. You just have to stay strong, realize you are better off (maybe you don't feel that way now?) but with Nc you will! I promise!