Misunderstood

i have been in a lond distance relationship for close to 3 months. i met my gf towards the end of the school year. we went to the same school but ironically met through an online dating service. i had to leave school early due to some personal issues that needed to be worked out, so we didnt have a lot of time to spend together. well, we started talking on AIM and things seemed to "click" from the very beginning. it seemed like we knew what each other was thinking. so i asked her if she would want to come down for a visit (this was after school had ended and we live 4 hours apart). she accepted and we had an AMAZING time together. as soon as she got back home we were on the phone and i asked her to be my gf and she said yes. :)

she came back down to visit me again about a month after the first time. we again had an AMAZING time together as being with her felt like the right thing to do. and it was when she was leaving to go back home that she said those 3 little words, "I Love You." i returned it immediately and felt a "warm, fuzzy feeling" all over my body and knew this was special. :D:love:

things had been going good up until a few weeks ago. she started acting different towards me. she started showing a lot of attitude and didnt really seem to care about anything. i called her out on it several times and she just said that there was nothing wrong and that she wasnt acting any different. i was, of course, really confused :confused: so i started talking to some of my friends for a lil advice. they calmed me down and just told me to talk to her, which i did. it too about a week and a half but she finally told me what was going on. she said that she wouldnt be able to go back to the school she was at because she cant afford it and that she was looking for a new school. she said that she didnt tell me right away because she wanted to get some things figured out before she did so. she also said that the distance between us had been getting to her and that she wanted to "take a break." i had no idea what this entailed having never taken a "break" before.

this past saturday, she told her that she wanted to die. i got REALLY scared and called the suicide helpline. i talked to them for 30-45 minutes and they suggested that i talk to and tell her mom what was going on, so thats what i did. she asured me that my gf would be ok. i talked to her on the phone yesterday and she told me the same thing, that she doesnt care about anything. so i called the helpline and her mom again, which didnt really help that much this time. so i wrote a note and sent it to several of her close friends. when she found out about this, she called me rediculous and that i wasnt handling this situation in the right way. :confused: also, in the past few days, shes been hanging around with another guy that she met through someone else. i know very little about this guy and me being a naturally jealous person, started getting a lil scared, skeptical, however u wanna put it.

well, i just found out last nite that she "needsto be out of a commited relationship." when i asked her why she just said "its what i need." she took a lot of things that i did as betraying her trust and not doing what she wanted. but she never really realized that everything i did (talking to my friends, the helpline, her mom, her friends) was only to make things better. she just kept saying that if i had an issue with her i needed to talk to her about it. well, the way i handle problems is by talking to people soi can figure out exactly what to do and she never understood that. i feel so misunderstood right now. what are your guys' opinions?

ps i know i didnt include EVERYTHING. there are some things i left out i just included the major things.