need help

my fiance and i have been together 2 years, between the 2 of us, we have 3 kids(none together though) now, he has decided that he needs some space to be on his own, and i am devestated. i am not sure how to get over this, and go on with my life and take care of the kids. he wants us to move out the end of january, and i cannot change his mind. how do i handle this?

Wasn't sure what you meant by you're not being sure how you could take care of your kids (after the breakup). How did you take care of them 2 yrs ago, prior to being with him?

Has he given you any concrete reason why he suddenly wants to split? Saying he wants 'space to be on his own' sound pretty flimsy to me...considering you've been together for 2 yrs and were engaged.

When did he tell you all this? He wants you out by the end of this month? Wow, sounds like he's really booting you out the door. I'm sorry. He won't even give you a chance to find a job (or do you have one now?) and a decent place to live (and save up money for same, security deposit, etc etc).

If you've been living together for a substantial period of time, wouldn't that make your relationship a "common law" one? (that's how it is here in Canada..and here in Canada, after 3 months of living together, splitting up is a lot similar to divorcing....where there has to be a fair division of property, assets, etc). I don't know how things are in the U.S. (I'm assuming you're there).....but you might consider contacting an attorney there...or call up "Legal Aid" (should be in the white pages of the phone book).....I would think if you've been together for at least a year and were engaged to be married, he can't just boot you out the way he's trying to. You need to find out your rights. I know the emotional aspect of this must be very devastating, but you have to also clear your head enough to find out your rights here......so that you're not left out on the street with your kids to look after.

L