Do i accept her call (birthday coming up next week)

Hello,

Some of you might have gone through my share of heartbreak in the following thread:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147718

I am utterly confused about one thing..

My birthday is coming up next week (April, 1st week)..If she calls, then should i accept the call (and her wishes)..Or do i doesn't even receive her call (since i am on NC)?? I don't really want to avoid her call on my birthday, atleast but then, i am not so sure what i should do..Please advice..

If she texts, then i will just send a "Thank you" message back, but what if she calls??? ****, this is getting harder and harder by the day..:( :(

This one sounds tough. My birthday was last week and I was expecting my ex to call too. I figured that I should just pick it up, thank her and tell her I have to go. I was going to try to keep it to a minimum of 1 minutes. Though I was lucky that she did not call me, I was also a bit bummed out as well. :[

So in short, in my opinion, I think it is okay to pick up and thank her, but don't ask any personal questions and don't tell her anything. Just thank her and tell her you must be leaving.

Good luck,

Starsky

• Author
This one sounds tough. My birthday was last week and I was expecting my ex to call too. I figured that I should just pick it up, thank her and tell her I have to go. I was going to try to keep it to a minimum of 1 minutes. Though I was lucky that she did not call me, I was also a bit bummed out as well. :[

So in short, in my opinion, I think it is okay to pick up and thank her, but don't ask any personal questions and don't tell her anything. Just thank her and tell her you must be leaving.

Good luck,

Starsky

Okay..I am also thinking the same, NOT answering the call at all might send her a wrong signal that may be i would not want her back or something..Though i am following NC for now, but birthday call, i will attend, i think, just thank her and move on..

All this, IF she calls that is, else if its just a message than i will thank her in the message and if she doesn't call/message, well then, what can i say..It'll hurt (its still hurting), but guess she is happy with that guy..

if i were of a sound mind, bobby.roy, i would try to advise myself not to preworry about something that might or might not happen because that would be a total waste of energy and a setup for potential disappointment, to just let it go for now.

all of this is hard enough without adding to the stress and pain thinking about and wondering about and preparing for something that might not even happen. if it does happen, think about it then, or just do what comes naturally. if you feel like answering at that moment, do it. if not, don't.

some might say there's value in rehearsing it all in your head, and there might be some truth to that. but to dwell on it this way? i just don't think it's going to help anything.

She cheated on you with a close friend and dumped you for him. If I were you, I wouldn't expect her to call.

And if she does, ignore it. Why do you want to accept "happy birthday" wishes from someone who cheated on you and dumped you for that guy? Her happy wishes would be hypocritical and ridiculously useless.

Move on. Go out with your friends on your birthday and have fun. Forget about her, and stop wasting all this time wondering if she's going to contact you on your birthday.

youngbuckkk
She cheated on you with a close friend and dumped you for him. If I were you, I wouldn't expect her to call.

And if she does, ignore it. Why do you want to accept "happy birthday" wishes from someone who cheated on you and dumped you for that guy? Her happy wishes would be hypocritical and ridiculously useless.

Move on. Go out with your friends on your birthday and have fun. Forget about her, and stop wasting all this time wondering if she's going to contact you on your birthday.

Best advice in here. Dude, it's your birthday, do whatever the **** you want. You want to talk to her pick up, you don't ignore. Who cares what kind of message you are sending.

I wouldn't pick up.. what's the point?

NC is NC.

You're above the age of 7, so you don't need a phone call on your birthday to enjoy YOUR day.

I would ignore it.. I assure you, the phone call will lead to an arguement or dispute. Cause she's gonna ask you why you were ignoring her before.. and yadda yadda yadda.

You've been strong with the NC, that's amazing! Just keep it up.

Keep this in mind. She WONT be calling for reconciliation, so there's no need to talk.

Good luck

• Author

Thanks for the opinion everyone..Yes, one thing i have come to accept is SHE dumped me, and cheated on me..Hell! I wont accept her calls or reply to her text..

I will be as stone-hearted as she was/is with me!

Stop obsessing!!! Can you try and go one whole day without worrying about what she may or may not do? Seriously, you need to focus on something else - you need to focus on yourself and your life. I asked you earlier what you were going to do today - so what did you do?