Is This Normal

My boyfriend/fiance and I have been together for 9 months and I am completely happy with him, he is great. Our families are so happy about us getting married, most everyone is very supportive and I am happy also. But I think I have a little case of cold feet or something because it seems like it is not true to me. The whole idea of us getting married. Now I am making arrangements to move in with him, the wedding is in Nov. but I keep asking him if he is sure about all of this. there is one person who is not happy about our plans, the woman he has been friends with for 14 years. He told her we are getting married and she started crying and told him that she thought I got on his nerves which completely left me speechless. I have been friends with this women and have even spoken with her about guys she has dated while him and I have been together. I don't like her anymore she is completely talking bad about our relationship and I barely know her. I am a little wierded out about the situation because as far as I know to be true they are and have only been friends!!! I would never date a man that is in a relationship or has feelings for another women, I didn't steal him from her but she is acting this way and I feel horrible!!! I wont compete with her and don't feel the need but for some reason I feel like the other girl. He has told me he has no feelings for her and that they are friends and he wants to marry me 130% but why do I feel so anxious about this situation. The whole 9 months we dated they have been friends I have not cared at all, I didn't know it would be like this. I don't want to marry a man that has feelings for another women, I have never been married before I am 29 but I want it to be right, I don't want it to be tainted in any way. He says this is what he wants, why do I have the littlest doubt?

The thing that pulls me up short in your post is that you've only been with this man for 9 months, and yet you are getting married. Do you really think this is enough time to make such an important decision? If he's the one then you don't lose anything by waiting a few years before you marry - in fact you can only benefit from waiting. The first year or so of a relationship is always more intense - I'm sure I'm not unusual in that I've personally had several year to 2 year relationships during which I was sure I was in love, but ultimately discovered we weren't the perfect fit I thought we were around the 6/9 month mark.

If I were you I'd stop worrying about this other girl and start thinking about your relationship.

I also feel that 9 months seems quick to be planning a Nov wedding, but that's just me.

Your boyfriend is not expressing any interest in this other friend. It seems like SHE is the one interested in him...if he was interested in her, I doubt he'd actually have told you these things.