How long does it take to get over someone? Best way to do so?

So i've broke up with my girlfriend of almost 3 years, my decision (see post http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t142258/ ) But i feel terrible now.

I knew i was making the right decision for both of us but its now the morning after and im beginning to question my choice :eek:

I keep thinking about what life will be like without her and i don't know if i can do it but i don't want to cave in and go running back. I keep thinking that time will heal and i'll be with someone else soon but my heart doesn't want anyone else, just her!

What if i see her out with another guy, my initial reaction would be to go and rip his head off but thats not cool at all as it now has nothing to do with me.

It was surreal when i ended it, it didn't feel like it was happening but this morning when i woke up alone it hit me and i've done nothing but mope all morning which is sad because it was my decision and i have to live with it.

What i want to know is.... how long does it take to get over someone? and how do you do it? Ive heard of NC, 'no contact' i think, does it work?

browneyedtide

I completely know where you are coming from. my boyfriend broke up with me almost 2 weeks ago. that night, i went to sleep and didn't believe it. when i woke up the next morning, i felt like i had been hit with a ton of bricks. i wanted to crawl up in a ball and die.

i don't have any advice, because i am going through the same thing. i didnt think i wanted my man, but now that we're apart he is all i want. i've tried to get back with him and he wont take me back. i dont even want to meet new people, i just want hinm... which is weird, because when i was in the relationship i just wanted out..

bottom line is i think we're both lonely and scared. i think we are being weak and giving in because our relationships were comfortable. we know that we can get along with that person... i dont know how old you are, but im 21 and i dont want to settle. i want to find that "mr. right" and i dont know where or how, but im going to find him...

sorry i didnt help but i want u to know im going through the same thing.

If you broke up with them why do you need to get over them. I mean if you have to ask how to get over someone that you broke up with why did you break up with them in the first place? Maybe you shouldnt have done it then if you have to ask for advice on how to get over a decision you made.