Is this unrealistic

My boyfriend of 5 months lost his job, and then told me he wanted space to figure out where his life is going. I took it personally I really did b/c a lot of people told me this was just an excuse to get rid of me and I thought it really was. I was angry b/c I couldn't understand why he couldn't just be honest and upfront with me. So we didn't speak for a week and then today I decided to ask him for some closure and to please tell me what he felt went wrong in our relationship, to let me know he is doing ok, and I told him I was not upset but I just wanted some answers to my questions. He responded by saying "Why can't you get it through your head that this has NOTHING to do with you. I have things I need to work out right now." I told him I was hurt by the way things happened and he responded "I was really hurt to. Breaking up with you was one of the hardest things I have had to do in a long time. I didn't want to but I felt like it was the only way to get the space that I needed. I need to work these things out on my own right now." I told him that if he needs a friend I am here for him and that I hope he gets things back on track. I think he is a great guy. I would like for things to work out for us but does it sound pretty unrealistic? would you believe this closure?

brothermartin

I would say no, it's not unrealistic. Maybe he really dose need the space. Some people can do the juggling act of keeping their life in complete order while maintaining a relationship with lovers, family and friends. It's strong multi-tasking skills. But some people can't, and those people usually will let certain things like SO's or even family fall to the side for a while until they get back on track. It sounds selfish, I know, but that's the only way they know how to deal.

thewholeshabangg

i agree with brothermartin, some people cannot juggle. losing a job is definitely hard, wondering where you'll find another, feeling rejected from something you thought was stable, etc.

i really think you should just give him some time to get his mind figured out. and WHEN he does, cause he will, if he cared for you he will let you know.