Not really sure where I should stand

Well normally I wouldn't post my problems on the Internet but I thought twice and I really needed to talk to someone who's not biased and doesn't try to console me.

Anyway, I've had this relationship for two years and we very recently broke up on grounds of her liking someone else.

It's a problem we had about three times over these past couple of years and I, being a tool, let her go. She always came back, dissapointing after missing me or convincing herself that the guys whom she liked weren't fit for her (I still think all three of them were retards).

She said she loved me this summer but after about three months she said that her love for me died, which put me in a sort of confusing spot, considering I fell in love with her the moment I lay my eyes on her. Now she says she's got a crush on this guy and thinks of him often and that I don't mean that much to her anymore.

The pathetic part (and yes, I know it is) is that she met him in an online video game, World of Warcraft. So basically she doesn't even know the guy, she hasn't met him, he lives 300 kilometres away from our town but apparently he means more to her than I do. This made me very angry when she told me so I said a lot of bad things (true, but bad either way) to the point where she started crying and just moved back to her mom's.

I really don't know what to do. It's my first long relationship, up to her I only dated various girls with no serious intention but we've basically been living together for the past year or so and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her, except this whole guy-I-met-in-a-MMORPG makes me feel like i'm being used and abandoned so, uhm, should I just move on?

I was the main engine for the relationship for a long while now, I mean every time the **** hit the fan I picked up the pieces and now that I'm distancing myself and being less emotional I just feel I'm the only one playing for the team here.

So, uhm, yeah, serious advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

thewholeshabangg

please, please move on. if she likes a guy she has met in a chatroom, and never met, she obviously just likes the unknown, the mystery. after dating for 2 years, one of two things can happen.

1. you can't live without each other (mutual)

2. one (or both) finds that while it was good, it should end.

a relationship that had lasted for 2 years, and especially for your first seirous relationship, is always hard to get over.. but if she is going to end things so easily, it isn't worth your time to question. she is telling you where she stands through her actions, and you should listen to her actions.

move on and let things go. go out, date other girls. have fun being a bachelor :)

good luck to you.

• Author

Thanks, I'll try and do that to the best of my abilities, but it breaks my heart that I'm ending it instead of fighting for her.

Either way, should I talk to her or ignore her? Which is the best way to go?

And no, I don't think we could just be friends.

curiousnycgirl

I would go total NC (no contact) with her. Give yourself time to heal. Get busy doing things you enjoy, go out and meet new people, etc.

You said she has done this before, rest assured even if she comes back she'll do it again. You deserve someone who can be as committed to you and your relationship as you are.

Let her go.

She dumped you for a guy she doesn't even know... must be love. Doesn't that piss you off? How could you even want to look at her?

• Author

Well it's harder to do than say. Right now everybody who's not keen on seeing us together but wants the best for both of us urges me to move on, including you guys.

This sort of gives me a weird feeling in the stomach, as if I'm betraying our relationship but there's just too much stuff going against us for me to go on.

So yeah, I met a girl today and she wants to go out. I'm not sure where this is headed, I don't want a relationship or anything, but it seems like it will get my mind off things for a while.

Playing guitar, working and reading just doesn't cut it anymore.

if she's willing to ditch you over some southpark looking WoW guy, dump her ass and don't look back, you sound young, you'll bounce back