Problem in breaking up with friends' friend...

I met my Ex through my friend Jenny because he was her husband's buddy. When we 1st broke up, Jenny's attitude was that he was being immature about it all, etc...she didn't agree with or understand why he treated the end like he did.

But I finally realized his actions were basically because he's not a divorced man just yet. I felt angry at first, but I'm no longer angry, and when I look back on all that happened, it's clear that the ending was both of our faults. Anyhow, I know Jenny's husband has spoken to my Ex a couple times since then, she informed that hubby played dumb and asked Ex about me...Ex then informed him we're not together anymore. Much later on, Jenny mentioned another phone call between the guys when Ex said he was coming into town Halloween weekend...but then they never heard from him...and she waited until well after that weekend to tell me about it.

So if Hubby can play dumb, how do I know if Jenny doesn't do the same with me? Her and I were talking last night. Suddenly it's as though she is on Ex's side more than mine. She asked me "have you sent him any emails? Have you left him any voice mails?"...The truth is yes...I emailed him once a couple weeks ago (but he rarely checks it from what I remember)...and I did leave a voice mail saying Happy Halloween, since then a text message asking to be friends and I've gotten no response from any of it...which is fine, and it isn't as though I've tried contacting him every single day or even once a week. I just thought it was strange of her to ask me in such detail....then she kept saying the last thing he needs is a relationship right now, which I know, I make it pretty clear that I just still feel the need for closure or a friendship...one day I"ll feel like that, the next day I won't care either way...it's just the roller coaster of emotions.

But it was as though her attitude was sticking up for him in a sense. So now I"m wondering if Ex spoke to Hubby and made it sound as though I've been trying to get him back, which isn't the case but of course it probably looks that way. I"ve called her a couple times today and she never called back...so I hope she doesn't think I want her in the middle of it, I just always tell her how I'm feeling...I never ask her opinion...she just gives it. I made it clear that I sympathize what he's gone through very much...but hope that he can acknowledge what he's done to me as well...cuz he's basically done to me what his wife did to him, just not as extreme.

I've always found that it's easy talk to her about what i go through because she knows him. But I guess I shouldn't do it anymore...?? It just seems that no one else quite understands since they didn't know him...

• Author

Ah well I just emailed Jenny and said we shouldn't talk about Ex anymore but she's been a good friend to listen...it's just sometimes you need to talk to someone about your feelings as they come...especially since you can't talk to that very person about it...