How do you handle 'Breakup Meltdowns' at work??

finallyhappyme

I hooked up with my ex after a while of NC. ( I know dummy me ) Well he hasn't called me after that..it's been two days. Two of the LONGEST days of my life. And then he calls me at work just now. Seeing his number on the caller ID I start freaking out yet kinda excited.

He freaking called me to tell me that the Blockbuster Movie we rented three days ago when we hung out was LATE and that I had to return it. Then he asks if everything is ok? Holding back tears I said everything was ok. And he said cool ok then ttyl. I said sure and hung up.

I immediately ran to the bathroom in tears in front of customers and co-workers. This sh*t really sucks and it's hard. Then I get back to my desk and my yahoo radio is playing some depressing crap..and now everyone at work is asking me 'Are you ok?'

UGh! How do you handle your little 'breakdown' moments at work?

bigheartkindsoul

I work from home when not going to see clients but that said I have days out with my boss and have to just put a brave face on. Two days after the split I had a training course all day at our H/O how I got through the day I do not know but I just cried for the majority of the 2hr drive home and then some when I finally pulled up, so much so that my downstairs neighbours told me to get in their flat and have a glass of wine with them.

Lean on people, people who you know that are kind, at work, text friends for words of wisdom or support when needed. Most people are human have experienced something similar in their lives so will be sympathetic.

xxxx

• Author
finallyhappyme

Sorry to hear that.. I know exactly how you felt. I drove home in tears yesterday and then just laid on my couch, fully clothed and just stared at the wall. I didnt want to move, didn't want to eat, didn't want to do anything bu just lay there and stare at the wall crying.

I'm so miserable. I tried going out last night after my friend pulled me off the couch and took me to have some drinks. It turned out worse and I had her take me home.

I hate feeling this way and it's worse at work. It's taken a long time to get respect where I work and for me to be all emotional and in tears just looks bad to me and I can't help it. I can't stop the tears.

bigheartkindsoul

It does pass and the best thing I can say is when you feel like that, distract yourself, put a film on, have a hot bubble bath, read, go to the gym or put on exercise vid at home - its what got me through some horrid moments. I also had depression too so was trying to deal with that.

I does get better, I promise, July 07 worst month of my life but I am hear I am having fun I am pretty much healed and I have a great social life.

x

Although our situations are different, I see where you are coming from. I work in an office where I meet customers all day, and yesterday I had been crying about the last half hour of work. The customer came in and asked what was wrong. I continued to cry through our meeting, though not sobbing and moaning, just tears here and there.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, but bigheart stated it perfectly. I just wish it was easier.

Mustang Sally

Sounds tough.

Here's what I did...in my single days.

Learned how to compartmentalize, such that meltdowns didn't happen at work.

That's what your car ride home is for!

Know what I mean?

Learn to focus on work, soley on work, when you are at work.

If you find that you just can't, then maybe you need to take a few days off, have some you-time, recuperate.

Good luck.

It always makes me wonder how dense people can be to want to contact someone at work, after an issue like this. How very selfish of him.

• Author
finallyhappyme
It always makes me wonder how dense people can be to want to contact someone at work, after an issue like this. How very selfish of him.

I know!! We hooked up, acted like we were back together, he didn't call me for two days, then calls me at WORK, not even my cell, to tell me to return the movie and then ask me if all was good in life then hang up.

I'm like floored and I can't stop crying. I'm mad at him but moreso at myself really. :o

And it's so hard to focus at work and I can't take any days off. My boss already told me I have been making very dumb mistakes, that he understands what I'm going through but work is work and I need to focus. But I honestly try but I don't even feel like eating.

And worse is that he's eating, and living, and fine. I hate love sometimes. :o

I had this happen to me numerous times. One of my ex works in the same building!

Talk about awkward. Anyway, I had taken a few days off and tried to regain my sanity.

Even today I had one ex return a call after 2 years and gave the closure we both needed.

All I can say is take some time off.

All you can do is know that everybody's been there and they all understand. And if they haven't, they've led very boring lives.;)

(((Hugs!)))

• Author
finallyhappyme

Thanks guys..I feel better now. WHEW!!...I was a tad bit emotional there. lol. :)

I'm back to normal. I re-read 'No foolin's' thread about NC and I am re-charged.

It's just hard riding this rollercoaster I didn't even want to be on and I can't find the little guy to tell him I want to get off. :(

Thanks guys..I feel better now. WHEW!!...I was a tad bit emotional there. lol. :)

I'm back to normal. I re-read 'No foolin's' thread about NC and I am re-charged.

It's just hard riding this rollercoaster I didn't even want to be on and I can't find the little guy to tell him I want to get off. :(

fhm, I know how you feel and it is SO difficult, isn't it? Yes, he is a tw*t for contacting you at work, I certainly agree with that.

I had SO many emotional meltdowns at work in 2006 you wouldn't believe it. If I felt myself getting upset I just used to go to the loos and cry but it's difficult trying to compose yourself again, I know that. I cried on the walk to the station, on the train, everything. I just couldn't help myself. God, I must've looked pathetic! Just so you know you are definitely not alone with this! :)

Best of luck with dealing with your break-up. Seeing as how you've been in touch with him again, does it look like there's a chance of a reconciliation? Sorry, I don't know your story! If there isn't I can only say stick with NC, it's still hard but without his constant presence in your life it will get easier!

• Author
finallyhappyme
fhm, I know how you feel and it is SO difficult, isn't it? Yes, he is a tw*t for contacting you at work, I certainly agree with that.

I had SO many emotional meltdowns at work in 2006 you wouldn't believe it. If I felt myself getting upset I just used to go to the loos and cry but it's difficult trying to compose yourself again, I know that. I cried on the walk to the station, on the train, everything. I just couldn't help myself. God, I must've looked pathetic! Just so you know you are definitely not alone with this! :)

Best of luck with dealing with your break-up. Seeing as how you've been in touch with him again, does it look like there's a chance of a reconciliation? Sorry, I don't know your story! If there isn't I can only say stick with NC, it's still hard but without his constant presence in your life it will get easier!

I'm so pathetic. I brokedown and called him drunkily at 4:00am Sunday night to come over. He rushed over we hooked up and then had that awkward morning. Awkward for me anyways :rolleyes: he was super happy and left smiling like nothing. No I miss you, no lets work it out no lets hang out soon. Nothing. I finally texted him with I can't do this. If I call you late at night ignore it. This isn't healthy for me and I need a clean break from you in order to move on. He texted back with I agree and think thats a great idea. :( I'm tearing up just thinking about it. And now I have to go into surgery and I''m so scared and I won't have him by myside and he doesn't even care. I hate this feeling. But atleast now with NC I really have to try and move on.

I met a nice guy too, older, very good looking. I'm not looking for anything but he seems like a nice distraction.