Totally Devastated

I am so sad...I found out 3 days ago that my husband of 14 years(partner for 17) has been cheating on me. he has walked out on me and our 4 kids. I have been with this man for half my life and at the moment I can't get my head around it. All those dreams and talks of doing this and that when we get older. This man has known me intimately since I was 17 and I can't visualise my life without him. He is 8 years older than me and i guess he decided, stuff you and the kids, time for me. But we all feel like that at some stage but just plod along with life. My only solace is that he went for someone 12 years older than me, and frankly looks it.

i have been acting like a crazy woman since and have been verbally warned by police twice, next time i get arrested. I just don't want her thinking she has won.....

Can anyone tell me when my tears will dry, I never knew I could cry so much. And my chest has felt constantly heavy. Anyone one out there able to give me some idea where to go next. Please help me understand. Linda

I am so sad...I found out 3 days ago that my husband of 14 years(partner for 17) has been cheating on me. he has walked out on me and our 4 kids. I have been with this man for half my life and at the moment I can't get my head around it. All those dreams and talks of doing this and that when we get older. This man has known me intimately since I was 17 and I can't visualise my life without him. He is 8 years older than me and i guess he decided, stuff you and the kids, time for me. But we all feel like that at some stage but just plod along with life. My only solace is that he went for someone 12 years older than me, and frankly looks it.

i have been acting like a crazy woman since and have been verbally warned by police twice, next time i get arrested. I just don't want her thinking she has won.....

Can anyone tell me when my tears will dry, I never knew I could cry so much. And my chest has felt constantly heavy. Anyone one out there able to give me some idea where to go next. Please help me understand. Linda

The problem is, is that by acting like that then you are just giving your Husband the chance to Justify his own behavior, and in effect this does let her think that she has won.

I would suggest to you to post your story on the infidelity OR separation / Dicvorce section of this forum -- there are some AMAZING people over there (Gunny/Ladyjane etc) whom will be able to give you some really helpful advice.

For the time being, I suggest that you have a look on the marriage builders website (www.marriagebuilders.com). There is some excellent reading material on there with regards to separation and infidelity.

Hi poobee, I feel for you.... it's awful. And I agree, post on the infidelity or separation and divorce forum, you'll get loads of great advice. Good luck, I'll be thinking about you.

I would recommend you read Love Must Be Tough, by Dr. James Dobson. It's a great book to help you learn how to deal with someone who is thinking about leaving you and taking on a new lover.