I read an article on yahoo.com of the 7 top reasons

bridget_jones

that men break up with women. The number one reason was another woman. I find this surprising because I was never broken up with because he found another woman. Just wondering if you believe this. I thought maybe "fell out of love" would be number one.

Well, not everyone can have their number one reason. So you have to make something else up.

or "its not you, its me"

Tanbark, st pats day is over! You gonna change your avatar for easter?

don't encourage him! when he changes it his halo get bigger every time! :laugh:

75% of all romantic relationships are ended by the woman. they are also usually started by the woman. so who knows? most men have little say in the matter.

75% of all romantic relationships are ended by the woman. they are also usually started by the woman. so who knows? most men have little say in the matter.

Are you telling us that you've only done 25% of the dumping? Or are you just special?

Tanbark, st pats day is over! You gonna change your avatar for easter?

Maybe. :D I'm not as big a fan of Easter as I am of St. Patty's Day. :bunny:

don't encourage him! when he changes it his halo get bigger every time! :laugh:

That's right, baby. :cool:

:laugh:

Your "statistics" may be true for chumps. I've ended 90% of mine.

Are you telling us that you've only done 25% of the dumping? Or are you just special?

no...i usually do dumping but I am ALPHAMALE *beats chest*....most guys are losers and they get dumped by womans. these guys are pathetic who let womens control them like a puppet.

basically i was saying that 75% of men are morons when it comes to chicks.

• Author
bridget_jones

Huh. Judging from my own experience and the posts on here I'd say it's 50/50.

I guess it's not something you can do scientific research over though.

Maybe that 25% is just your and Tanbark's dumping combined. Another reason why averages are often meaningless.

Huh. Judging from my own experience and the posts on here I'd say it's 50/50.

50/50 my ass...

no...i usually do dumping but I am ALPHAMALE *beats chest*....most guys are losers and they get dumped by womans. these guys are pathetic who let womens control them like a puppet.

basically i was saying that 75% of men are morons when it comes to chicks.

I think you proved your point, but not quite in the direction you intended...

• Author
bridget_jones

Do men really feel like they are broken up with more often than women? Why is that? If you feel that way, I think it is rather egocentric.

that men break up with women. The number one reason was another woman. I find this surprising because I was never broken up with because he found another woman. Just wondering if you believe this. I thought maybe "fell out of love" would be number one.

I am not surprised that cheating is number one. I would think that lack of trust would be a close second.

Do men really feel like they are broken up with more often than women? Why is that? If you feel that way, I think it is rather egocentric.

the vast majority of divorces are filed for by females. ask any divorce attorney

We all go by what we see and experience and if a guy has experienced the woman breaking up with him the majority of the time or if that is what he sees happening around him, then that is what he is going to believe.

As far as the egocentric part goes, maybe guys who do believe that will go and break-up with the female. They want to beat the woman to the punch just so they can claim that they were the one who ended it.

the vast majority of divorces are filed for by females. ask any divorce attorney

Breakups include more than divorces and people generally have many more breakups than divorces in their lives.

Breakups include more than divorces and people generally have many more breakups than divorces in their lives.

Exactly. Unless your name is Zsa Zsa Gabor.

• Author
bridget_jones
We all go by what we see and experience and if a guy has experienced the woman breaking up with him the majority of the time or if that is what he sees happening around him, then that is what he is going to believe.

This is exactly what I mean by being egocentric. A guy gets his heart ripped out by a woman, he is hanging out with the guys and they are sharing their sob stories about the evil women that ruined their lives and come to that conclusion. there are women, too, who commisserate and talk about the "trend" of "men don't want commitment" "men are jerks" "men want their cake and eat it too" etc. so women do the same thing.

I don't think the article was counting marriages as breakups, but often the person who files isn't necessarily the one who wanted the divorce in the first place, they just have no other choice, someone has to do it.

what is more impt?? the breakup with g/f or the divorces?

I feel men are more likely to dump a girl before the relationship develops, but once they are in a relationship, the girl is more likely to do the dumping. Most serious relationships I know that have ended, it has been the girl.