Disheartening

I have posted several times on here about my situation. My ex since early December left me because of financial reasons. My business was struggling a bit and I do have a bit of debt. Anyway she gave me $200 to help pay for bills at my house where she had stayed for the last three months prior to our breakup.

Last week I sent her a check for $300 to pay her back the money that she gave me and an extra $100 to cover anything else that she may have payed for while we were together.

Not that I expected to, but I thought she may send a text or something to thank me for the money. I have gotten nothing. Just the statement from the bank that the check was deposited.

I just think it is so crappy that a person could be so callous and cold. It almost felt like I was finalizing a business transaction with her.

So I guess my question is; would you feel let down because of her actions? I mean I have moved on without her, but how would you feel?

RE:

I believe you should be happy -or perhaps ecstatic that the relationship ended on a calm, agreeable, drama free and stable ground.

She is your ex-girlfriend now, and it should remain in this form.

I wouldn't be let down by her actions, at all. She isn't your female best friend anymore.

She handled the situation nicely, in my opinion -and is trying to move on like any other woman.

Good Luck,

Sand&Water

notmakingsense

Uh Corny -- if I remember your other posts correctly, this shouldn't have felt like a letdown at all -- given the fact that she's a gold-digging b*tch who couldn't stick with you through hard times. Why on earth do you think she'd thank you? She took your check and the easy way out -- smiling all the way to the bank.

-- sorry for the harshness. I want to make sure you are good and pissed -- just in case you might be wavering and want her back. :-)

Why did you feel you owed her money? If she was staying with you for 3 months rent-free, then giving you some cash for the bills should have been a courtesy on her part. Three months is a lot of rent free living, more than $200.

Did you send money cause you were hoping she'd talk to you?

• Author

The reason that I sent the money is because I didn't want her holding anything over my head in anyway. I just wanted her to see that the money was the least important thing and that it's just money. I mean she ended out relationship over a few dollars, and I just wanted her to realize that money comes and goes, but being a bigger person in the situation is what is important.

I want her to hopefully realize that in the future that you always choose love over everything. You work hard at it. You don't just give up on someone because they are down. Thats when you become stronger for them and if you don't then you are thinking about yourself more than the other person and thats the wrong reason to be with someone.

I guess I just wanted to kind of throw it back in her face and say here is your precious money I hope it was worth giving up on us for. This way she has nothing on me.

I guess I just wanted to kind of throw it back in her face and say here is your precious money I hope it was worth giving up on us for. This way she has nothing on me.

Good, then - that's exactly what you did. Unfortunately, she proved to you one more time that all she cares about is the money. I hope it's easier for you to let go of your thoughts of her now. She may learn her lesson one day - I believe in karma.

The best revenge is success - enjoy yours!

Salicious Crumb

Then it wasn't love. When people get married, they take the vows "for richer or poorer". If she loved you she would have tried to make it work.

As far as owning your own business. Its a risk, but can pay off. I hope your business takes off and you become a millionaire....then she can cry in her apple martini.

Yes, it was cold and callous, but most of all, superficial and greedy.

Its one thing if you were a bum and were poor because you were a lazy ass or something, but you have a business and are trying to make it work.

If she loved you, she would have tried to help.

Move on and find a real woman.