Coming home for christmas

I was with my ex for 4 1/2 years and very much in love.He treat me really good and made me really happy.He was really friendly with every1 and if any1 asked him for help with anything he would be the 1st there,thats 1 of the reasons i fell in love with him.

2 years into our r/ship we went through a really bad time,i lost my uncle and my dad within 6 months of each other and it was at the time my ex had important exams and on the day his mind went blank so he has to resit.

Just 8 weeks after my dad died he ended things saying he wanted to be on his own to concentrate on work/uni,i was devastated.Not long after i heard he was out partying and that he was messing with some other girl.I was so shocked at his timing but he said it was rumours and that he couldnt deal with my insecurity.

2 months later i bumped into him and he told me that he still loved me and really missed me and we decided to give things another go.We were together another 2 1/2 years and for the most part really happy and in love.

4 months ago he had to go on placement with uni for a year and because of distance/work/finances we knew we would have to work extra hard to keep our r/ship strong.He was gone 5 weeks when i went to visit him and we had an amazing week,well 4 days to be precise.

3 days before i was due home and after a fantastic day/night i went to cuddle into him but he went quiet.He told me we were over that he loved me,was still in love with me but he wanted to be on his own to do well in his placement.4 1/2 years gone just like that.

I honestly think he met some1 in those 5 weeks because ive seen a couple of girls on his profile but god how can you really know some1 in 5 weeks enough to give a ltr up.He still insists he loves me but ive cut all contact and getting on with my life.

Im lucky.Ive been asked out on lots of dates and have really good friends and the no contact has been the best for me.However,hes coming home for christmas and i know his mum has got me a card/present but i dont want to see him it will only upset me again.

Im doing ok but dont want setbacks but i also dont want to be stuck at home just to avoid himMaybe a mask might help lol but seriosly what do i do?Do i try to avoid him or just try and keep my self together if i see him which will be hard.