LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Wedding planning....different religions....

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Old 8th September 2005, 10:05 PM   #1

Question Wedding planning....different religions....

Hello all,

I recently got engaged to a wonderful man and am very excited about planning the wedding. He is very involved which to me is a wonderful thing except there is one problem... I am christian, he is jewish. We both have a deep respect for one anothers religion and to tell you the truth, we are not very religious people ourselves; however, members of our families are incredibly religious. We have discussed and agreed on having both a rabbi and a pastor attend and we are basically looking for someone who has had or been to this type of wedding reply to let us know how things went. Any kind of feedback may greatly help us with our preperations.
xo_confused_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005, 6:43 AM   #2
Established Member

I've never been to a wedding with two different religious ceremonies, but I have been to a few double weddings - Anglican/catholic WTF?? - Hindu/catholic - Anglican/civil ceremony

It sounds like a good idea to me, if you don't mind & it makes everybody happy.... and if you can keep it short!!
Old 9th September 2005, 12:03 PM   #3
Established Member

Speak to the rabbi and minister you have in mind. They will have suggestions about how to go about it.
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote