Community Forums

Reload this Page Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Which signs of immaturity are a red flag to call off a wedding?

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree28Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2018, 7:44 PM   #16
Established Member
Well, the part about being mad because you didn't surprise her on the predictable holidays is really stupid because obviously, if she's thought about it this much, she knew it was Valentine's Day and she knew it was anniversary, and she knew you'd do something. So she sounds hard to please.

However, I'd be mad about how you dress on special occasions too. Here's why: A woman puts a lot of effort into her dressing so she appreciates it when a man does to -- but mostly, she likes to see her man looking HOT once in a while, whatever that means to her. And as much complaining as there always is from men about not getting enough sex, I'd think you'd all want to put on the ritz at least two or three times a year and look your best for her.
"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2018, 5:55 PM   #17
Forgot to mention, she returned the engagement ring at the moment of the fight.
andreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2018, 6:54 PM   #18
Established Member
A red flags come in different sizes.

Example. if you do not sexually desire your SO, constantly think about other women and masturbate more than you have actual intimacy that is immature.

And if you have no clue that this type of behavior could damage a woman to her core, and instead spend years creating threads pointing the finger at her, then that's immature also.

Stop wasting her life. You dont really want this woman.

Last edited by Cullenbohannon; 26th February 2018 at 9:22 PM..
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 5:40 PM   #19
Established Member
Originally Posted by andreap View Post
Forgot to mention, she returned the engagement ring at the moment of the fight.
My friend, true love simply isn't this hard. And those "whoa" instincts are there for a reason - self-preservation. So the system is working as designed - things didn't go smoothly, you've had serious second thoughts and now should be headed for the door. You've gotten off cheap...

Mr. Lucky
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote