LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Honeymoon checklist


Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2017, 5:54 PM   #16
Established Member
 
salparadise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 4,782
Alcohol of choice and mixers. There are dry counties in those mountains... and even if it's not a dry county finding your favorite libation is unlikely unless Jack Black and Pepe Lopez your compadres.

Food delicacies like good cheeses, spreads, thick cut ribeyes or fillets, shellfish, baguettes, good olive oil, spices, etc. I suggest making a list of what you love to eat and taking most of it with you.

I have some experience staying in this area and there is a good chance that you won't find great restaurants nearby, or well stocked grocery stores. The tourist industry shuts down for a lot of places during the winter. Even if you're close to Knoxville or Gatlinburg it will just be better to not have to go out foraging.
salparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 9:14 PM   #17
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 277
Congratulations, sounds like a perfect, intimate honeymoon. Many great suggestions. As mentioned, handcuffs are fun....just remember you are in a remote area--they brought to mind Stephen King's novel "Gerald's Game"

Enjoy!
Doublegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 6:48 AM   #18
Established Member
 
Cookiesandough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 5,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammichmaker View Post
Yes, moreso for sex "stuff" as you put it. Creative games, is another way to put it.

Cabin's in the mountains of TN. We'll be driving. Both want to avoid going outside as much as possible, so we're attempting to list everything in advance.
That sounds lovely!!! a cabin in the mountains TN So romantic. I love TN. KK candles, lingerie, bathbombs/oils/bubbles if have no already been said. Enjoy yourselves <3

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 8th November 2017 at 7:27 AM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 9:29 PM   #19
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 145
Look at your avatar.

Now dress that way every day.

problem solved.

Are you taking notes, babe?
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 6:08 AM   #20
Established Member
 
Elswyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25,262
How did it go, OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublegold View Post
Congratulations, sounds like a perfect, intimate honeymoon. Many great suggestions. As mentioned, handcuffs are fun....just remember you are in a remote area--they brought to mind Stephen King's novel "Gerald's Game"

Enjoy!
Haha, most handcuffs sold in sex stores come with a safety release latch. Too many issues otherwise with people losing the keys. But now you're making me curious with the novel... not sure if I want to read it, lol!
__________________
~Perfection is about accepting that we cannot control everything and letting go of some of our preconceived notions.~ -Spiritofnow-
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 4:29 AM   #21
New Member
 
sammicheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: South Cackalaky
Posts: 1
Hello, this is sammichmakers new husband.
All went well, we had a very nice ceremony in a quaint little gazebo in ohio with our close family. My sister actually got ordained online and officiated our wedding for us.

We met online a couple of years ago, her in Wisconsin, me and South Carolina. So as a little wedding gift I made her a necklace out of two quarters of our states, and was able to get a transcript of our very first interactions with each other on the dating site. I wrote her a letter telling her how much I loved her and what I looked forward to doing with her for the rest of our lives and presented them to her on the days leading up to our wedding. Needless to say she loved it.

As for the check list..

I went on amazon and got her some cheap lingerie that she pointed out to me before hand, a sex toy, a message candle, a ribbon and a gag gift that actually turned out to be a very good purchase.(if you haven't tried "spunk" lube you should..) It all went great, thanks everyone for the suggestions, we had a lot of fun.
sammicheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 12:14 PM   #22
Established Member
 
Elswyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammicheater View Post
Hello, this is sammichmakers new husband.
All went well, we had a very nice ceremony in a quaint little gazebo in ohio with our close family. My sister actually got ordained online and officiated our wedding for us.

We met online a couple of years ago, her in Wisconsin, me and South Carolina. So as a little wedding gift I made her a necklace out of two quarters of our states, and was able to get a transcript of our very first interactions with each other on the dating site. I wrote her a letter telling her how much I loved her and what I looked forward to doing with her for the rest of our lives and presented them to her on the days leading up to our wedding. Needless to say she loved it.

As for the check list..

I went on amazon and got her some cheap lingerie that she pointed out to me before hand, a sex toy, a message candle, a ribbon and a gag gift that actually turned out to be a very good purchase.(if you haven't tried "spunk" lube you should..) It all went great, thanks everyone for the suggestions, we had a lot of fun.
Cute story and nickname, but I would put a "-" between the "ch" and "eater"!
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 6:30 PM   #23
Established Member
 
Cookiesandough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 5,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
Cute story and nickname, but I would put a "-" between the "ch" and "eater"!
hahahaha.

But yes, I agree. Super duper cute story and congrats to you both
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is my checklist too long? Mrlonelyone Dating 19 10th May 2015 2:22 AM
Ladies, what's on your checklist? IJustWantLove General Relationship Discussion 19 18th July 2013 6:59 PM
The Get Back Together With Your Ex Checklist Nuala83 Second Chances 71 21st May 2009 1:50 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:34 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.