LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

torn

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By d0nnivain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2017, 10:56 PM   #1

torn

So, I am engaged. I met my fiancee through a coworker of mine. She was friends with him in college for 2 years. He lived in a different state than me and we got engaged and I moved out there. I realized that they go way back and I am also friends with her, so I put her in our wedding party.

With a recent, personal issue that my fiancee was having, she calls and gives him unwanted advice about this problem. in my opnion, she is overstepping her boudaries. Im not sure though, what to tell her to set up boundaries. I feel like it is my role to help him through this, not hers. It honestly makes me regret having her in my wedding. But, I am new to this role, so I do not know how to handle this.
awsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 1:55 AM   #2
Established Member

go with the flow?

I'd let it go. What does your fiancee say? Why not establish the boundary with him instead?
bummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 8:04 AM   #3
Established Member

They are friends. You knew that going in.

Yes, as his FI & soon to be wife you support him. That doesn't mean he can't get support from else where too.

Relax. She was being kind not meddlesome.
preraph likes this.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote