Fiance is a MAJOR FOOD A**HOLE! FOOD ISSUES!!!!! HELP

Brandi Renee

:sick::sick:

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of this **** ,this just topped it off today. My fiance is X-military so he eats in like 20 seconds load and loads of food. Then when he is done he forks off my plate or my sons plate. I have talked to him about this several times and he says we have food issues and that next time he wants "bites" of our plates he will ask but the answer should always be yes. He is a ripped fit man and when he is hungry he is HUNGRY.

WHAT THE FRICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I have to shovel mine down exspecially at restaurants to be able to actually have my plate to myself. I have evennot gone out to dinner for this specific reason and gave him a BS reason.

Most women eat lighter mels and are calorie/food conscious of thier choices - I get no mayo. cheeses, I ask for alternatives ect and he still does this! It starts as soon as be is done with his own food then he eyeballs are plated then says GIMME BITE like a 5 year old ! If I say no he grads whatever he can.

TODAY WAS THE LAST STRAW ! He literally fought me to ge to my lowfat subway sandwich and told me I needed to be punished for only getting him a 6inch sub instead of a 12inch sub - so my punishment was him getting bites of my sandwich. WELL ! I had a lowfat sub and I was going to defend it. We literally struggled as I was protecting my sandwich as I was yelling at him and laughing , (becasue it is so Fri-king pathetic) He was laughing too and he shoved the whole thing in his mouth , there was 1/4 of the sandwich left and he made a gargling sound as he was shoving it in ! I know this is funny but i am telling you I hate this allot.

I told him he was an a**h*** and he told me that the sandwich did not taste very good anyways. I tried to tell him it wasn't his style but this is bull****. I told him to please go in the other room because I am sooo pissed and I have had it. HE thinks its all a joke and kept laughing. It old him I am really pissed and to leave me alone for the rest of night. :sick::mad::mad:

PLEASE HELP !

If this is serious (and I'm sure it is), your fiance has major control issues. If you don't get counseling, get out.

that is so disgusting.

i can't believe anyone would marry someone who does this.

actually, i guess i could deal with it, because i would be so ill from watching him that i wouldn't even be able to finish my food. half the problem right there would be solved.

this is just foul. break him of this habit. it's completely rude and unacceptable.

• Author
Brandi Renee

counseling? He would lagh.

I am jsut tyring to think of a way I can really get the message across that he needs to F - off. He says I did not need to eat the rest of the sandwich anyways - ( I have gained a few pounds back), but he would never say that part to me. He jsut told my son instrad.

:laugh:

Yeah, this thread does sound pretty funny....but I can see why you are aggravated.

Counseling is a joke...not for this situation. The therapist would bust out laughing. "Oh so you are here because he keeps stealing bites of your food???" :laugh:

My ex did this (not to this extreme) and even his whole family was like that. It was pretty embarrassing. If I went to a nice restaurant with him and his mother...him and his mother would pick off my plate and off of eachothers plates. Argh! :mad: no manners....

What you need to do is give him a nice slap next time he does this. Tell him to eat his own food and lay off of yours. Wow, he's rude.

Your fiance has no class yet you have agreed to marry him??? You know how he is, you know he has no class, you know he has no manners, no consideration. You gotta know by now he's not going to change. Once you marry him, you can't say a word about this. All you can do is struggle for your share of food.

Well, in the grand scheme of things picking off her food is minor. (compared to a cheating,lying fiance). So I'm not so sure I would go to the extreme of saying that she needs to DUMP the guy over it!

You really just need to let him know that you are sick of this and MEAN it in your voice. Don't let him laugh about it or think it's a joke. SLAP HIM I TELL YOU!

CaGirl1980

Okay I can only tell you what I would probably end up doing and it might sound bitchy as hell but I have little patience for stuff like that. He's playing games and he thinks it's a game. If it got me pissed enough I could totally see myself saying something like "I swear to God, if you touch my food one more time I will NOT eat with you EVER AGAIN!" And then I would stick to it until he came to me and apologized and understood how serious the situation is. I would probably use a few not so nice words in there too, but for the sake of this post I won't. I grew up with a brother that always wanted my stuff, and we had sharing down to a science, everything was split up. My husband is an only child and he doesn't see why I get so defensive over my stuff but I think it's just from my upbringing. I also think that defending your food is just a human thing, as crazy as it sounds. Either way you have to get the point across that it's not funny, and it's not a game. It's like telling a kid that what they're doing is wrong while laughing. He won't get it if you laugh while he's doing it. He's not helpless, he can control himself from taking your food before you're done with it. Anyways, good luck!

I had a brother who would either mix up his food, then douse it with ketchup or spit on it so that no one would take from his plate. Pretty dang gross, but then again, NO ONE ate from his plate!! :eek:

if you don't want to go to the extreme of licking your food or spitting in it, then I'd take nem's advice and slap his hand every time he made a grab for your food. If it works with little kids, it should work with a big one. Better yet, keep a rolled up newspaper with you and smack him with it when he does this. Do it enough times and he might get the idea that you mean business when it comes to people respecting what's on your plate.

as for the shoveling his meal into his mouth as quickly as he can ... well, that's a hard habit to break. I started doing that covering meetings that included meals because I didn't want to miss a good photo or a good quote.

• Author
Brandi Renee

I decided to make him some dinner tonight after he asked , so I t thought of the most grotesque thing I could make.

i slapped in 3 pounds of hamburger meat with some steak sauce and cooked it all, threw it all in a big sqaure server plate and put cheddar on it and semi slammed it dwon in font of him and told him here . he said thank you like a kid then asked why I was so grumpy. I let him have it and he told me I had food issues.

This really bothers me because I have a few extra pounds - like 30 , and for someone to tell you that when you have a few extra pounds makes you feel even fatter and if you don't give up your food when asked you look even fatter!

we will see what happens next time he wants to fork off my plate.

RecordProducer

Why don't you just make a deal with him that when he finishes his own meal, he can take some more, but not from your plate? So he eats so much but has no extra pounds? :confused:

Is the child yours, but not his? (you said he was your fiance)

Originally posted by Brandi Renee

counseling? He would lagh.

I am jsut tyring to think of a way I can really get the message across that he needs to F - off. He says I did not need to eat the rest of the sandwich anyways - ( I have gained a few pounds back), but he would never say that part to me. He jsut told my son instrad.

oh so he told your son, not you, so that's okay, then. :rolleyes: that's worse, honey. he should not say anything degrading to your OR your child.

this dude's problems go way beyond the food issues.

i would never deal with this pig, and i don't know how you do it.

Have you ever tried just eating at different times? I know it won't help if your out to dinner but at home it should get his attention.

If he asks we you aren't joining him just politely say that you have allready eaten. If he persits tell him you felt it was the only way you could enjoy your meal. ;)

Next time you make a meal for the two of you, make his a steak sandwich or something, Make yours a steak sandwich and dog food with a touch of hot sauce, when he goes to grab it, fight him a bit and then give in, he will shove it down his throat and then watch the fun begin. Then say: have you learned your lesson yet??

I think that is disrespectful and I would not even want to sit in a resturant next to someone who does this.

PatientOne
Originally posted by Treasa

I don't think it's about food. It's about control.

I agree. And he seems to have no respect for her either.