LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

What I Wish I'd Known or Done Before Marriage

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Hobart_Carboys
  • 1 Post By SaveYourHeart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2016, 11:37 AM   #1

What I Wish I'd Known or Done Before Marriage

Married for more than 3 decades, here are the things I wish I'd done or known before I did it.

You want to be absolutely Number One. So, find somebody else and do not marry her.

1) out of fear of losing her/him.
2) if she/he doesn't make you feel you are physically and sexually wonderful and compatible, and conspires with you to make sex exciting.
3) if she lies, hides, evades, prevaricates, distorts, conceals, isn't forthcoming, etc
4) if you strongly desire or want something and she will not satisfy you.
5) if you can't ask any question whatsoever and get a detailed answer.
6) if her family and relatives don't like or approve or will become a problem.
7) if she talks about her old boyfriends or won't answer ALL your questions when asked.
8) if you haven't talked and talked about what is important to each of you.
9) if you agree on all issues of money. (saving, working, spending, buying, traveling)
10) if you disagree about having and raising children.
11) if you disagree about religion, customs, cultures, and attendance at large family gatherings.

These are examples of the problems I encountered. In other words, you cannot know TOO much about you future spouse. So start learning now--before you get married.
Hobart_Carboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 11:56 AM   #2
Established Member

Agree to all of these. Have a long engagement, don't rush to get married. I promise you, it's much harder to divorce than it is to marry.
SaveYourHeart is offline   Reply With Quote