Regretting my choice of bridesmaid.

mrs rubble

Love her but..... She's quite a negative person. She loves animals more than people and ignored my dress selection ideas and raved on about her dogs behavioural issues and her inability to leave him alone. I gave her the option of counting herself out.. But she's only told me about her issues with her phone and dog. Do I give her an ultimatum?

She wasn't my first choice- my first choice suffers from anxiety and doesn't want to be in a position where people are looking at her.

I'd rather have my step daughter step in and do the honours. Can I do this somehow without peeing someone off??!!

Can I do this somehow without peeing someone off??!!

Probably not.

But like many things in life, if it's important it's worth the effort necessary to get it done. Hate to think that, 20 years from now, your signature wedding memory will be "Debbie Downer", the difficult bridesmaid...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author
Probably not.

But like many things in life, if it's important it's worth the effort necessary to get it done. Hate to think that, 20 years from now, your signature wedding memory will be "Debbie Downer", the difficult bridesmaid...

Mr. Lucky

Thanks, I've known her for 28 years already and she never used to be so negative, it's a trait she's developed as she's aged. However she can still be loads of fun, when she's not stressing about her dog.

lovemebreakme

Question is, are you willing to forever jeopardize your friendship with her. When I married my husband four years ago. My then best friend was suppose to be my matron of honor. Six weeks before the marriage I changed my mind and asked another friend too. The reason why I made the switch was because my friend wasn't interested as much as I wanted her too in helping me plan my wedding. She skipped my dress shopping and that really hurt because her being there was important to me. After I chose a different friend to be my maid of honor. Our friendship lasped. We still talk and started hanging out more, but our friendship had never been the same.